IGNORED

Ashton Gate Planning Application

Kid in the Riot

Is due to be determined by 28th October but it does not appear on the Council's October Committee meeting of 23rd October?

There is no reason this application should be going "out of time" and George promised that it would be determined speedily and (hopefully) with a positive result.

One thing that did occur to me is maybe it doesn't have to go to Committee and can be determined by the Case Officer...

Anyone know anything?? My BCC sauce is currently unavailable!

It's scheduled for Planning Comittee on Wednesday 27th November, so must have been put back a month

Thanks - https://www.bristol.gov.uk/committeemeetingfinder?Task=list_month&year=2013&month=11

So despite knowing about the application months in advance BCC still fail to determine it within the given timescale. True to form I suppose.

One worry is that Daniella Radice (leader of the greens) is on the Committee, wonder which way she'll be voting?

I cant belive the wicked witch will get a say.

Although the blatant no vote will give the greens further rope to hang themselves with.

Greens have a nice beachhead in Bristol. Until more people get off their assess and vote they will always get more say / power than thru should for the numbers they represent.

I cant belive the wicked witch will get a say.

Although the blatant no vote will give the greens further rope to hang themselves with.

She is a elected offical in the city of bristol so has a right to have a say

But unlike the gas she can't become a chairpeson of a PLC and go against the council desions as it will be a conflict of intrest (unlike the gas who are under south gloucsters control I think)

Thanks - https://www.bristol.gov.uk/committeemeetingfinder?Task=list_month&year=2013&month=11 So despite knowing about the application months in advance BCC still fail to determine it within the given timescale. True to form I suppose. One worry is that Daniella Radice (leader of the greens) is on the Committee, wonder which way she'll be voting?

The Green councillor for Southville, Tess Green, has already said in writing that she is in favour of AG being developed, which is presumably her party's stance on the issue.

Although it is always a possibility with these people that they'll oppose, that would be entirely contrary to their view on Ashton Vale if they then opposed the only alternative as well.

She is a elected offical in the city of bristol so has a right to have a say

But unlike the gas she can't become a chairpeson of a PLC and go against the council desions as it will be a conflict of intrest (unlike the gas who are under south gloucsters control I think)

Wtf!

The memorial stadium and Sainsburys application come under BCCC planning regs surely!

It's the UWE that Gloucester City council have a say in, nothing to do with TRASH and the parasite Radice.

As Gorgeous George has a major business interest in keeping City at Ashton Gate and not seeing it move away to AV - it would not be surprising if the AG application goes through like a dose of salts! I bet he will be giving it his support for any number of interesting reasons. Any objective assessment would probably come to the conclusion that AV is the superior long term choice for club and community - as well as enhancing the local infrastructure. As with all things in Bristol, narrow vested interests seem to win the day without fail. An unholy alliance with the greens and fairly small numbers of protestors will carry the day.

The Green councillor for Southville, Tess Green, has already said in writing that she is in favour of AG being developed, which is presumably her party's stance on the issue.

Although it is always a possibility with these people that they'll oppose, that would be entirely contrary to their view on Ashton Vale if they then opposed the only alternative as well.

Entirely possible that they'll oppose AG as well as AV, given what I've seen of the Greens. They'll plead local autonomy. Utterly worthless but they'll be found out by the voters eventually.

Wtf!

The memorial stadium and Sainsburys application come under BCCC planning regs surely!

It's the UWE that Gloucester City council have a say in, nothing to do with TRASH and the parasite Radice.

Just to correct you there......the UWE stadium has nothing to do with Gloucester city council, it is purely a decision by South Gloucestershire council

Archived