IGNORED

What Are We Waiting For

Robiness

Sod , I'm sorry but I have just got back from Crewe and that was absolute rubbish.I was wondering what do you do in training ,If I see one more short corner I will go mad they don't work. Today it looked to me that the players had just met for the first time !! I don't care if jet scores the odd wonder goal, he was on another planet today it doesn't want to be here so don't play him .

Must say, as one of the patient sod fanclub brigade... I'm slightly on edge tonight.

It's not the fact we lost. In fact I almost laughed when they scored, such is the ridiculousness of our run. You could barely make it up.

But it's the fact we seem so toothless that worries me.

Transition? Turn around? will it come? I still believe so. But although I can kinda understand sod's cautious approach, I just wish we'd stop being so freakin timid and just go out there hell for leather for the win. We lost today as a result of that approach, I'm sure.

Must say, as one of the patient sod fanclub brigade... I'm slightly on edge tonight.

It's not the fact we lost. In fact I almost laughed when they scored, such is the ridiculousness of our run. You could barely make it up.

Transition? Turn around? will it come? I still believe so. But although I can kinda understand sod's cautious approach, I just wish we'd stop being so freakin timid and just go out there hell for leather for the win. We lost today as a result of that approach, I'm sure.

No doubting that SODs over cautious approach (setting out not to lose, rather than setting out to win) is part of the problem and tbh was with his time in charge last season too.

Manon you're absolutely spot on, I aswell laughed in a way when the pen was awarded (what else can you do)

After the recent league performances I was really expect a show today and 3 points against a poor side, and we were let down again, honestly feel we're in big trouble now, thought we were rubbish and never looked like scoring, bar a Crewe slipup.

While I support Sean as manager, I think he really has to switch to plan B. Baldock up front with JET behind isn't working and hasn't really worked all season.

We can only play two up top IMO - one of whom should be Taylor. If you have JET just behind, you have sacrifice some midfield defensiveness, but I might be tempted to rest Bobby R - as excellent as he has been - to accommodate this. He can come on in the 2nd half - perhaps for JET, depending on how things are going.

England's performance against a Polish team not without attacking threat shows how a boosted attack can pin back your opponents - and that's Roy "Mr Cautious" Hodgson's approach.

As for all the short corners as mentioned by the OP, I know O'Driscoll says he lets players work out their own routines. I think he might want to reconsider this too.

Sometimes I think he's crediting our side with a little too much collective intelligence and some hands-on guidance is desperately needed.

Archived