IGNORED

Sl

BS3_RED

I doubt too many will disagree with you. SL, kudos for having a go, but he has screwed up massively.

As I see it he has two options:

1) allow the status quo to continue and really, seriously damage our club and its long-term prospects, or

2) Weild the axe and clear out the boardroom which has us currently running as a rudderless ship.

His worst legacy, imo, is not the debt, but his son. His son screwed up AV and this is far too often ignored. His son has no credentials and does not deserve to sit on the board. The appointment of his son was utter contempt. Could you imagine a few years ago SL asking Mr Hargreaves to appoint JL to the board? He'd quite rightly been told to foxtrot oscar.

I doubt too many will disagree with you. SL, kudos for having a go, but he has screwed up massively.

As I see it he has two options:

1) allow the status quo to continue and really, seriously damage our club and its long-term prospects, or

2) Weild the axe and clear out the boardroom which has us currently running as a rudderless ship.

His worst legacy, imo, is not the debt, but his son. His son screwed up AV and this is far too often ignored. His son has no credentials and does not deserve to sit on the board. The appointment of his son was utter contempt. Could you imagine a few years ago SL asking Mr Hargreaves to appoint JL to the board? He'd quite rightly been told to foxtrot oscar.

Trouble is SL is having his ego stroked less and less as people wake up to the fact he has ****** this club up right royally.

As it gets worse and worse I can only hope the wrath on his son makes him relinquish control. If he loves the club as much as he makes out he does (I'm not so sure he does, although I think JL does) you would hope he lives up to his promises (something he has failed to do quite regularly) and writes of the debt completely, and lets someone else have a go.

Don't ask me who, but a debt free club would make a intetesting proposition to many.

Trouble is SL is having his ego stroked less and less as people wake up to the fact he has ****** this club up right royally.

As it gets worse and worse I can only hope the wrath on his son makes him relinquish control. If he loves the club as much as he makes out he does (I'm not so sure he does, although I think JL does) you would hope he lives up to his promises (something he has failed to do quite regularly) and writes of the debt completely, and lets someone else have a go.

Don't ask me who, but a debt free club would make a intetesting proposition to many.

He may have grown to love the club, but let's not forget the bloke tried to buy into Rovers before did he not?

On the board I accept not all will be football men, indeed that is very rare, but you need a figure head and a spokesman. JL inspires nothing in me because the AV failure to me is the biggest, most shambolic oversight I can ever, ever imagine.

Having run due diligence on corporate acquisitions of a value far in excess of the value of AV I 100% refuse to believe that TVG was not already flagged as a risk. I also 100% refuse to believe that granting grazing rights or similar was not suggested to mitigate that risk. If any of the above didn't happen the club should be pursuing negligence claims. But I believe JL was wet behind the ears and proved exactly why he wasn't ready for the board.

He may have grown to love the club, but let's not forget the bloke tried to buy into Rovers before did he not?.

No.

Do you honestly think if SL, (multi millionaire), had ever tried to buy into Rovers they would have said "no"?

Christ, I've read some nonsense on here in my time but this has to be near the top..

No.

Do you honestly think if SL, (multi millionaire), had ever tried to buy into Rovers they would have said "no"?

Christ, I've read some nonsense on here in my time but this has to be near the top..

Yes. I know full well years ago a person was willing to bankroll rovers a new stadium fo a place on their board. The dunfords point blank refused. I'm not ssying SL ever asked, I don't know. But Rovers turning down money, most definitely.

No.

I haven't made it up.

From a source I know and trust I was told before investing in BCFC SL showed firm interest in the Rovers.

I will stand by that, whether someone believes it X-hand from me I don't give a hoot - indeed why would you believe me.

Would rather be in Bristol City's position now than Cardiff's. Nothing is worth what has happened there.

Quite. An identity-less, pacifist and boring club. A damning indictment given what they used to be. The PL, for 1, 2 or 10 years is not worth what they have given up.

Robin's Friday's Ghost.... Can you please do me a favour and stay out of this thread. This thread is an important BCFC issue and I hope to raise debate. If you start your shit in it it will descend into an anti Cardiff thread and will not do what it was intended.

I'm sure you would.

I absolutely would. I'd be prouder to be a Rochdale fan than a Cardiff fan.

Edit: Just saw OP's comment. That is my last word in response to RFG...

Archived