IGNORED

Back From Game

Swindon8er

Only positive from the game was a superb away turnout, although quiet I guess that's to be expected but a really good following.

The game was really really poor, two poor sides, Crewe looked awful at the back, endless slipups and mistakes but we couldn't capitalize, JET was gifted a back pass and was one on one with Phillips 8 yards out and criminally sidefooted wide, to be honest though we didn't have a proper good chance the rest of the game, against a team with worst defensive record in the league and looking shaky.

JET literally didn't turn up, Pack done his usual, little touches but never anything positive and when he did it was overhit, Reid tried his best along with Bryan. We defenced ok but Crewe should have scored in the first half,hitting the bar and walked into the box from a well worked corner (what are they?) but the shot was somehow kept out off the line.

Taylor came on and looked hungry, good in the air as usual, and as the partnership with Baldock was looking a bit promising, SOD decides to bring Sam off, therefore we were resorting us to long balls to Taylor who had no player within 20 yards of him and Crewe quickly regained possession.

Penalty looked very harsh from the away end, usually if you're going to give one in injury time it's got to be stonewall and it didn't look it, but on TV it may well be?

Bitterly disappointing performance and result after the positives of Pot Vale, and we look destined to go down on that performance.

Ratings for Today

Parish 6 - Solid

Maloney 5- tried to get down the line but final ball poor as usual

Williams 5- ok, tried to get the ball forward when possible

Flint 5- solid

Shorey 4- got down the line but terrible crosses

Reid 5- tried his best and was at least trying to find the front two, but never quite came off

Pack 3- I just don't rate him, which some fans will disagree with, and SOD clearly likes him, wish Waggy would be given a go in the middle, adds nothing for me.

Wagstaff 5- didn't do much wrong, worked hard as always, still feel he's wasted out wide and should be central.

Bryan 6- looked good out wide and probably our best player.

JET 1- did nothing right, missed a sitter and everytime he touched the ball it went to a Crewer shirt, didn't look up for it at all

Baldock 3 - poor, he looks out of form to me, everything he tries the ball bounces away from him etc.

Not sure where we go from here, I don't think sacking SOD will change anything, I don't think the squad is good enough, and we're paying the price for selling Albert, Davies and not replacing them.

It doesent matter how we performed, if we played well and won that was a bonus ,we are a side in transition we shouldnt be expecting to go to well established sides like crewe in front of 3 thousand fans and win. Anyone thinking that we should be winning games like this is deluded.........im taking the piss by the way.

Archived