IGNORED

The Belief In The Club.

marmite

I know someone who attends the Senior Reds dinners each month and they have various members of the club attend each month as guest speakers, this month it was Keith Burt. He got a fairly hostile q & a session but the thing that came through was the belief that things are moving in the right direction behind the scenes, regardless of results on the pitch. This apparently is a very strong belief from every body at the club.(apart from some fans). The financial restraints in place means we cannot and will not throw any more money at the problem, and we are now working for the first time within our budget. The board and coach and backroom staff all believe we will come good soon and this has been echoed by previous speakers. Maybe we as fans do not know the whole story, and yes that may be a valid criticism of communication from the club, but rest assured, Mr Burt and his associates firmly believe we are going to come through this soon. Personally, I remain concerned at our plight but maybe I will give him another month before I call for his head.

"regardless of results on the pitch" !

My god!  I'm sorry but football as a sport, and as an industry, is driven by "results on the pitch".  The more we fail, the faster the decrease in the club's income, which ultimately affects the amount the can be invested and spent.

As a fan, I'm not particularly interested in the "right direction behind the scenes".  What I'm interested in is seeing my team play with passion and commitment and, maybe, win a few games.  I'm too long in the tooth to believe all this rhetoric and "business-speak" about transition and establishing "5 pillars".  I've seen and heard it all before in various guises over the years.

I'm sick and fed up to the back teeth at the way the club is being run and, as far as I'm concerned, Lansdown and his phony board can kiss my backside.

I know someone who attends the Senior Reds dinners each month and they have various members of the club attend each month as guest speakers, this month it was Keith Burt. He got a fairly hostile q & a session but the thing that came through was the belief that things are moving in the right direction behind the scenes,

Phew! Thank God for that.

I feel so reassured.

I imagine that before the Titanic sank, the passengers were told the Captain had everything under control.

Someone wrote on another OTIB thread that the only way is up.

No it ain't !

We can go down even further - to the division below, and the one below that.

Archived