IGNORED

Villa Spurs

Alex_BCFC

You will never be able to stop all the idiots going...

I do get your point about coins though. But still think Flares should be banned.

I would argue that if flares were allowed, then you wouldn't find people throwing them.

If a fan lights up a flare and is permitted to stand there, jumping up and down, singing with it in his hands, then he will most likely do so until it extinguishes.

The fact that the stewards and camera's are gunning for you as soon as it's lit, means it's more likely that the object will be discarded after a few seconds, whilst still bellowing out smoke, thus making it a dangerous weapon.

The regulation here actually makes it MORE likely that the flare will turn into a thrown object.

I would argue that if flares were allowed, then you wouldn't find people throwing them.

If a fan lights up a flare and is permitted to stand there, jumping up and down, singing with it in his hands, then he will most likely do so until it extinguishes.

The fact that the stewards and camera's are gunning for you as soon as it's lit, means it's more likely that the object will be discarded after a few seconds, whilst still bellowing out smoke, thus making it a dangerous weapon.

The regulation here actually makes it MORE likely that the flare will turn into a thrown object.

So is it ok for me to have to sit next to someone who stands with one of these lit?

Can't disagree with that logic. Still I'm glad they are banned because I don't want someone waving that infront of me obstructing my view... A couple of blocks away though and that's grrrreat

Ah right lets blame the regulations and not the idiots throwing them. Complete nonsense.

Ah right lets blame the regulations and not the idiots throwing them. Complete nonsense.

Nope.  Never suggested that bud.  I said that idiots should be banned and rightly so.  Just throwing it out there (no pun intended), that perhaps the regulations make the throwing of a flare more likely.

So is it ok for me to have to sit next to someone who stands with one of these lit?

Fair enough, but I'd suggest that the likelihood is that someone carrying one of these would most likely be sat amongst like-minded individuals (i.e. the types that want to stand up, sing, jump around etc).

This is where reserved seating becomes an unnecessary hazard in itself.

Then you'd be wrong.  They'd jump up and down with it until it's burning low and getting hot and then they'd throw it.  It happens every single time.

At the end of the day the kind of cock that wants to light a flare in a crowded area is exactly the sort of person that should be banned. 

Then you'd be wrong.  They'd jump up and down with it until it's burning low and getting hot and then they'd throw it.  It happens every single time.

At the end of the day the kind of cock that wants to light a flare in a crowded area is exactly the sort of person that should be banned. 

We don't know that I'd be wrong as it not been tested.

What if, hypothetically speaking, smoke flares were allowed to be used by certain authorised persons.  If the club's play ball, they could designate an area where flares could be used (let's say for example, the East End).  Once the flare begins to run down, perhaps a steward in the vicinity could take this and discard of it properly.

If a flare is thrown, the club know who was in possession of them and an arrest can be made for throwing a missile.

Every fan is aware of the area flares may be used and can choose to sit/stand there is they so desire.

There you go, there's a situation where allowing flares reduces the risk of them being used as missiles.  Of course, idiots can still throw coins if they wish!

Anyway, scrap all that, as apparently I don't have a clue?

A flare is a relatively large object therefore harder to throw with force, Also because of its shape it has to be thrown almost perfectly to cause damage, A lit flare would cause damage because of the heat but reactions would stop it doing serious damage unless it hits the head

A coin much much easier to throw with force, Also easier to throw over a large distance, And because of the round shape it doesn't lose any momentum until starts to drop, You could have a Bad thrower (like myself) throw a coin at a person and it would cause a fair amount of damage, Whereas if a threw a flare it would probably go nowhere and if it did hit the person, bruise at most (not lit btw)

I feel Coins and Flares have the same impact,

So for all our safety, Please BCFC confiscate all our wallets and cover us in bubble wrap on Tuesday, Also I've been coming down with a cold so one of those inflatable hamster ball things would keep everyone safe, Plus it will be fun for me :)

Everyone Do The Dziekanowski!! But do it Safely and with Parental Supervision

Archived