IGNORED

Gary Johnson's Fault?

JET will tear you apart

There's a mini tragedy in there.  I mean that someone as hapless as you has direct access to the players.  If you really love this club I think the best way you could help is by supporting Bristol Rovers.

Ha Ha! Yes, the only thing GJ can be blamed for is making Robored cry like a baby! And i have proof of this incident by the way.....but of course i can't divulge my confidante as my source's would dry up...... :rofl2br:

He's the best since Dicks, Cooper a close second.

Alan Dicks was a very long time ago when people still had enormous flairs, didn't bother much with seat belts, rode a chopper and Scalextric was as good as it got.

There really isn't a lot to go on managers wise at this club especially after Terry Cooper.

Anyone who got promotion from a division would be considered a success, shame as I thought our best football was under Danny Wilson.

He's definitely partly to blame,anyone who can't see that is a moron.

One with a different opinion would call you a bigger moron by pointing to the FACT now people let us not forget that word he got us promoted kept us up for 2 years and all of his squad was gone bar carey by the time Mcinnies had his first summer

Signing players like Baldock, Davies, Morris, Pearson ,Loans like Mcmanus, Cunningham, and johnson gets blame for spending all our money and having any part to play in our relegation red this and see the truth you bitter idiots on man to blame from those facts he had money and time

DEREK MCinnies now do 1

One with a different opinion would call you a bigger moron by pointing to the FACT now people let us not forget that word he got us promoted kept us up for 2 years and all of his squad was gone bar carey by the time Mcinnies had his first summer

Signing players like Baldock, Davies, Morris, Pearson ,Loans like Mcmanus, Cunningham, and johnson gets blame for spending all our money and having any part to play in our relegation red this and see the truth you bitter idiots on man to blame from those facts he had money and time

DEREK MCinnies now do 1

So angry i cant spell

*read *one

No one can deny we had 2 great seasons under GJ. But the downward spiral started the season after the play off final.

I do realise we weren't likely to repeat "that" season but a lot of the players signed and the loanees bought in were just not good enough.

GJ is a bit of a gambler as a manager, when it comes off it's great, when it doesn't he finds it hard to know what to do.

No one can deny we had 2 great seasons under GJ. But the downward spiral started the season after the play off final.

I do realise we weren't likely to repeat "that" season but a lot of the players signed and the loanees bought in were just not good enough.

GJ is a bit of a gambler as a manager, when it comes off it's great, when it doesn't he finds it hard to know what to do.

Yea but did he have any part to play in the position we are in now? his squad was gone by the start of last summer we gave mcinnies money he ended the season before last promisingly and it went tits up, now how is that johnsons fault ??  Dereks squad good money spent more than most championship sides

i havnt mentioned signing Kelly for fee , giving Fontaine a healthy new deal come on its all his fault

Yea but did he have any part to play in the position we are in now? his squad was gone by the start of last summer we gave mcinnies money he ended the season before last promisingly and it went tits up, now how is that johnsons fault ?? Dereks squad good money spent more than most championship sides

i havnt mentioned signing Kelly for fee , giving Fontaine a healthy new deal come on its all his fault

He had more than a part in the position he left us in when he was sacked.

We can give him credit for when it went well but we can also say that he lost the plot in his last 6 months here.

Losing by 5 and 6 goals at home against Cardiff and Doncaster it was clear that he had run out of ideas and tactical nous.

He got a loan striker from Wolves who was there 4th or 5th choice striker at the time, that player gets injured and GJ goes back and gets the 5th to 6th choice striker from the same club!!.

We had no sound footing at the club,everything GJ did was for NOW, no forward thinking, no long term plan.

Incidentally he's doing exactly the same at Yeovil.

We can give him credit for when it went well but we can also say that he lost the plot in his last 6 months here.

Losing by 5 and 6 goals at home against Cardiff and Doncaster it was clear that he had run out of ideas and tactical nous.

He got a loan striker from Wolves who was there 4th or 5th choice striker at the time, that player gets injured and GJ goes back and gets the 5th to 6th choice striker from the same club!!.

We had no sound footing at the club,everything GJ did was for NOW, no forward thinking, no long term plan.

Bill it's simple, managers ask their owners/chairman for money and those people either say yay or nay, it's that simple, do you believe SAF, Mourhinho or any manager always gets everything they want?

Mate football isnt about long term sucsess the championship is full of 24 clubs who all want one thing everybody in that division top to bottom smells it

unless you are Arsenal Man utd chealsea there is no long term plan for succsess

We aspire to get in there and compete derek expected a play off push last year thats how he got Baldock here thats what he told them

We aspire or should aspire to be west brom get that first promotion , spend the money wisely become a yoyo club and eventually get it right

Peterborough have acheived that at this level and will soon establish themselves in the championship

when we were in the championship you must of considered play offs every year on the first day

Bill it's simple, managers ask their owners/chairman for money and those people either say yay or nay, it's that simple, do you believe SAF, Mourhinho or any manager always gets everything they want?

I agree, but he had more money than any City manager in our history I would say.

He wasted a lot of it though.

Yes SL should have reigned him in, that was a big mistake by SL.

Mate football isnt about long term sucsess the championship is full of 24 clubs who all want one thing everybody in that division top to bottom smells it

We aspire to get in there and compete derek expected a play off push last year thats how he got Baldock here thats what he told them

We aspire or should aspire to be west brom get that first promotion , spend the money wisely become a yoyo club and eventually get it right

Peterborough have acheived that at this level and will soon establish themselves in the championship

when we were in the championship you must of considered play offs every year on the first day

No!

I still don't quite understand how you don't see that it wasn't progressing under Johnson.

He had more resources at his disposal while SL was chasing the dream.. more so than Del and SO'D who had/have both slashed the bill and cant buy unless players our sold. Cant knock what he did initially but you certainly can the last part of the season after the playoffs to the end of his tenure.

You mention Posh but I bet they wouldn't be in that position financially if Johnson was still at helm there. They were god awful when he was in charge and the chairman it seemed couldn't wait to get shot soon enough.

I still don't quite understand how you don't see that it wasn't progressing under Johnson.

He had more resources at his disposal while SL was chasing the dream.. more so than Del and SO'D who had/have both slashed the bill and cant buy unless players our sold. Cant knock what he did initially but you certainly can the last part of the season after the playoffs to the end of his tenure.

You mention Posh but I bet they wouldn't be in that position financially if Johnson was still at helm there. They were god awful when he was in charge and the chairman it seemed couldn't wait to get shot soon enough.

Thought posh were in the play off zone when Johnson left, he shouldnt of rushed so quick back in to work after leaving us he could have gone on to better if he waited Northampton was a bad move 

DEREK MCinnies now do 1

Since when was Cunningham a loan?

Thought posh were in the play off zone when Johnson left, he shouldnt of rushed so quick back in to work after leaving us he could have gone on to better if he waited Northampton was a bad move 

They were but both with City and Yeovil, he basically invested in the first team and had no back up to his first XI and what kind of future planning is that?

In regards to Johnson didnt spend money on dross.. JCR to begin with plus plenty of failed signings. Johnson was good at picking at good players on the cheap but when it comes to spending money... No he really isn't that good.

Since when was Cunningham a loan?

He wasnt was just throwing names that Mcinnies signed but he was signed for a fee and on a four year deal after a good loan spell at Forest Mcinnes was backed strongly compare his spending to most in the chasmpionship he knew what we needed and he did not invest in the right areas

The reason why I say this is that when we where top of the championship in January we we didn't say any players which would give us edge over the teams around us and if we did sign other players we could of one or got automatic promotion leaving us in a very good financial position

Perhaps golden bollux Steve Lansdown refused Gary Johnson the money for the appropriate signings to take us over the automatic promotion finishing line? It also didn't help with Steve Lansdown letting slip in an interview that he'd sign many new players were we to get promotion. That comment must have gone down like a lead balloon with our existing players and our form certainly dipped after that January.

The only thing I hold against Gary Johnson is him continually playing his Son in central midfield in preference to far better players that were available.

Perhaps golden bollux Steve Lansdown refused Gary Johnson the money for the appropriate signings to take us over the automatic promotion finishing line? It also didn't help with Steve Lansdown letting slip in an interview that he'd sign many new players were we to get promotion. That comment must have gone down like a lead balloon with our existing players and our form certainly dipped after that January.

The only thing I hold against Gary Johnson is him continually playing his Son in central midfield in preference to far better players that were available.

dear god we could use his ball retention now

Cannot really disagree with Jammy One simply because a manager is employed knowing full well he is the man directly in the firing line and it is his team.

That said the guy has 8 more games in charge anyway and righty; we re-assess our league position at that point and if we are no better off he will be gone; I doubt very much we will be and he, therefore, won't. That will be the end of our transition or as I prefer to call it and coin a phrase from Cuba when the Soviets packed their bags; the Special Period.

Archived