IGNORED

Destitute

Brian Butterfield

This sounds really poor but when I realised there was a game today I loudly sighed and then looked wistfully out of my window for three hours, I don't feel anxious about bristol city football club I feel dread in the pit of my stomach, and I feel is becoming like a dental appointment, you go in with hope that everything will be ok and it's just going to be great but as it unfolds, things start to go awry, you need a new filling that sort of thing. This Shakespearean drama piece ends in pain, less money than you started and an all encompassing feeling of loss. Or maybe it's just me, is this normal?

My whole day will just be a funeral cavalcade until the clock chimes and it is time to once again make haste to Ashton gate to see another life shortening game of football, or I'm wrong and we win and I'll have a happy Wednesday .

In a perfect world, we will win comfortably tonight, playing fast flowing attacking football, keeping a clean sheet, before getting home to find my lingerie clad girlfriend getting friendly with Kelly Brook and them both beckoning me over to join them.

In reality, we will probably lose 2-0, I'll get my wing mirror knocked off where I'm parked during the game. My Balti pie will give me the squirts for 2 days and I'll have to deal with a half hearted BJ while I cry myself to sleep.

Still, there is Carlisle away to look forward too on Saturday...!

This sounds really poor but when I realised there was a game today I loudly sighed and then looked wistfully out of my window for three hours, I don't feel anxious about bristol city football club I feel dread in the pit of my stomach, and I feel is becoming like a dental appointment, you go in with hope that everything will be ok and it's just going to be great but as it unfolds, things start to go awry, you need a new filling that sort of thing. This Shakespearean drama piece ends in pain, less money than you started and an all encompassing feeling of loss. Or maybe it's just me, is this normal?

3 hours?

Do any of the exiles like me find it hard to even follow the scores? I dread even checking my phone, you just know what's coming. I have a sick feeling in my stomach about tonight, and after listening to that JL interview it's got even worse. I really worry where this club will be in 18 months time.

And I am 'getting laid' - but this doesn't seem to help! I kind of wish there was no football, the best months of this year were June and July because my mood wasn't dictated by this ******* letdown of a football club.

Do any of the exiles like me find it hard to even follow the scores? I dread even checking my phone, you just know what's coming. I have a sick feeling in my stomach about tonight, and after listening to that JL interview it's got even worse. I really worry where this club will be in 18 months time.

And I am 'getting laid' - but this doesn't seem to help! I kind of wish there was no football, the best months of this year were June and July because my mood wasn't dictated by this ******* letdown of a football club.

Reminds me of a very funny Danny Baker piece on the art of watching games on Teletext, waiting for the opposition's 0 to change into a 1 at 4:57 and ruin another weekend :(

Reminds me of a very funny Danny Baker piece on the art of watching games on Teletext, waiting for the opposition's 0 to change into a 1 at 4:57 and ruin another weekend :(

Yep, on Saturday I was on a train on the way to meet friends at the pub and opened up my Sky Football Scores app to watch the 0-0 tick over to 1-0 Crewe at 4:57pm. It's so predictable, you just know it's coming. It was the same scenario the week before for the Port Vale game. 

OMG... WE'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE WITH SC (coppout)....

Now then Sean, pull yourself together, we need you to be strong, stop fretting about those media interviews and get on with what you and we all know you do best... Manage your football club in the way you know you can... Smile and the World will smile with you, the lads will believe in you and the climb up the table will begin.

So stop being a silly SO'D .. you're not Spartacus, you're not Jesus, you're not bloody Brian ffs.. You Are Sean & We Will Follow You... Always Believe!!!

Pull Yourself Together Man, and lead us to the promised land. COYR's...:)

PS: Loads of us have been rubbing our Buddha's all night before the Brentford game... Luck will be on our side today and will produce the first of a shed load of points coming our way... :)

COME ON YOU REDS - GIVE YOUR BUDDAH A RUB TOFAY... you know you want to :)

Is that what you call yours? My missus calls mine something different.

Watching City is worse than a dental appointment. They don't last 90 minutes; they're inside in the warm; and you also get a free magazine to read in the waiting room.

and the dentist gives an anaesthetic to deaden the pain and anguish.

I used to like following the scores on teletext. You'd have to wait 4 or 5 pages to cycle through before seeing the score of your team. Sometimes magical, mostly disappointing  :blink:

In reality, we will probably lose 2-0, I'll get my wing mirror knocked off where I'm parked during the game. My Balti pie will give me the squirts for 2 days and I'll have to deal with a half hearted BJ while I cry myself to sleep.

In my book that combination would still add up to a better than average evening.

Different of course if you were to get the squirts for three days.....

As Eric idle and the rest of the Monty Python team sang that great little song ,so let us all sing together, always look on the bright side of life te tum te tum te tum te tum te tum.

That's not a favourite of Sean's is it. Perhaps if they'd done one titled Always Look On The Dull Side Of Life....

Archived