IGNORED

Jack Wishere,weetabix And Bristol City

The dastardly red

I notice that Jack Wilshere is in the papers following his mother's revelations that his success on the football pitch can be attributed to his love of Weetabix whilst he was growing up.

This reminds me of my own experiences with Weetabix as a child. I'm going to tell you a little story which, I think, says something pretty poignant about our club, us as fans and Mr O'driscoll.

When I was about ten my mother switched my breakfast from 2 brown and marmite to 3 bix and skimmed. I had one taste and demanded several spoon fulls of sugar. My mother refused as she brandished the box, stabbing the list of ingrediants with a finger and stating that the ceral contained plenty of sugar. I replied that it didn't taste like it. The thing was that the only cereals I had ever tasted were round my friends' houses. Frosties, Ricicles and Cocopops. What I didn't realise at the time was that these cereals were "frosted" or "coated" with sugar and flavour which is very different from just containing sugar. What my mother didn't realise was that the sugar in the Weetabix wasn't detectable to my taste buds. So in a funny kind of way, we were both right.

Haha, superb thread. What would be the moral of that story then 'The dastardly red'?

I thought it was pretty obvious?

O'Driscoll is the weetabix.  He may not come across as sweet as Warnock, Holloway and Mowbray but he's every bit as fulfilling.

Stick with the weetabix and we'll sure to come good by the end of the day.

[Personally, I prefer a bit of white toast and jam - come and get us O'Neill]

Think Warnock has to be the full English - egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, fried bread and tomato sauce with a cup of tea with 2 sugars. 

When you've been eating your SOD 5 pillars muesli and skimmed milk with decaf black coffee for a few months,  but the diet and attempts at healthy living just don't seem to be working, you think " what the hell - stuff that!". The thought of the full English starts to become irresistible, and it always sounds and smells so enticing and when you take your first bite nothing tastes so good.

The problem is that you really know , deep inside, that in the long term it will never do you or your heart any good at all.

Think Warnock has to be the full English - egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, fried bread and tomato sauce with a cup of tea with 2 sugars. 

When you've been eating your SOD 5 pillars muesli and skimmed milk with decaf black coffee for a few months,  but the diet and attempts at healthy living just don't seem to be working, you think " what the hell - stuff that!". The thought of the full English starts to become irresistible, and it always sounds and smells so enticing and when you take your first bite nothing tastes so good.

The problem is that you really know , deep inside, that in the long term it will never do you or your heart any good at all.

Holloway has to be a continental breakfast.

We all understands that it is regarded as a breakfast elsewhere, but would never seriously want it on our breakfast table.

Holloway has to be a continental breakfast.

We all understands that it is regarded as a breakfast elsewhere, but would never seriously want it on our breakfast table.

Personally, I don't mind a Continental breakfast. 

Holloway isn't even a breakfast.  He might just about be described as part of a poor breakfast.

Like a smart price sausage from Asda.  Unhealthy, unappetizing and of no real value.

Personally, I don't mind a Continental breakfast.

Holloway isn't even a breakfast. He might just about be described as part of a poor breakfast.

Like a smart price sausage from Asda. Unhealthy, unappetizing and of no real value.

Or one of those breakfast biscuits, when you're in a rush and can't get to anything else in the cupboard.

Archived