IGNORED

Will It Ever Be Our Turn?

BS4 on Tour...

Morning all,

I don't start topics or even reply to many that often but I do read what's on here regularly. There is understandably lots of emotion and frustration and expectation and it's only because we all care about our club.

But things can and do change in this silly game and they can change very quickly.

I've been to Wigan vs Hull when it was a 4th division fixture; I remember thinking it was all over for Southampton five years ago when they were bottom of league one and in administration. Now they are at the top of the premier league with homegrown talent in the team and big crowds.

Charlton had their time in the premier league and then floundered and had to drop very low to come back up. The same goes for Norwich, Leicester and even Man City!

I'm not saying we will emulate those clubs but given the right set of circumstances there's no reason why we shouldn't.

We were one game away from the promised land and who knows what would have happened if we'd won the play off final and got promoted to the premier league. But Palace have been up there four times and have always been relegated straightaway and it looks as though they might do it for a fifth time this season. Their fans are not happy and are livid at how they have started this season, yet they are where they wanted to be and their expectations have shot skywards.

If we'd have done that some people would still not be happy.

I just look around the world of football and see so much change, seemingly in the blink of an eye - look where Luton Town are now and look where they were.

I suppose i'm just sat here with my coffee, staring wistfully into the distance and wondering and hoping when will it be our turn, or will it never happen?

We won't succeed while Lansdown has the reins...

Sadly I have come to the same conclusion, he is responsible for our current plight and apart from his appointment of GJ his decision making has been amateurish, he even ****** up the GJ appointment by over indulging him with vast amounts of money on inferior and journeymen signings and loan signings.

I'd go along with that. He is a rich bloke but a football club is not for him and it's costing us dearly!

I think we need Steve Lansdown, not for his football knowledge, but his finances.

If we lose him, we'll really struggle to get someone else in to cover the costs - especially if we want new stadiums or a redeveloped gate.

I reckon if anyone cared to research it, we'd be the biggest underachieving club in the country, based on fan base, and actually what we've ever won?

Luckily I was there in the good/bad old days when we got promoted to the highest level, and then fell like a stone to the bottom again.

Since I've been following the club in 1969, we've never won a league, ever, only ever runners up.

Our highlight was that first trip to Wembley for The Freight Rover Trophy, although didn't we win the prestigious Anglo Scottish Cup once as well ?

The memories not what it was, but then again we had a team back then we could all be proud of.

Looking at the shambolic state of affairs now, it's going to take another 40 odd years to become even runners up!

Still, we've got a billionaire owner..........BRILLIANT !

I reckon if anyone cared to research it, we'd be the biggest underachieving club in the country, based on fan base, and actually what we've ever won?

Luckily I was there in the good/bad old days when we got promoted to the highest level, and then fell like a stone to the bottom again.

Since I've been following the club in 1969, we've never won a league, ever, only ever runners up.

Our highlight was that first trip to Wembley for The Freight Rover Trophy, although didn't we win the prestigious Anglo Scottish Cup once as well ?

The memories not what it was, but then again we had a team back then we could all be proud of.

Looking at the shambolic state of affairs now, it's going to take another 40 odd years to become even runners up!

Alternatively we could be in the exact same situation without a billionaire owner !

Care for the Russe days again?

We have won the old Third Division (South) three times, 1922-23, 1926-27 and 1954-55, they are official titles, it's just that the division was split into southern and northern sections.

Just at the moment when billionaire owners can't use all their lovely lolly to buy their way out of trouble !

The difference is all those cities had a vision for their future and supported their local teams.

They weren't run by a load of left-wing, middle-class, cycle-fascist *******.

You mean that well known commie Bob Cook of North Somerset Council ?

Archived