IGNORED

Well I Thought We Played Well

Bristol Rob

And dominated the first 45 minutes.

What we didn't do was to react to Brentford changing the way they played in the second half.

I'll agree about the first 45 minutes, although with no cutting edge.

But we did react to brentfords changes, by dropping deeper and deeper and eventually losing the initiative in the game.

A ******* GAIN

But a game lasts 90, doesn't it?

Although we were unlucky twice late on as their second came from a corner that wasn't and we could well have had a penalty after we scored, the second half performance simply wasn't good enough.

In our desperation to shore up the defence, it seems to have completely slipped under the radar that we are becoming less and less of an attacking force.

If you forget the ridiculous game at Coventry we have a very poor "goals scored" column too.

Dominated the first half but absolutely no end product. Brentford in the first half were the poorest side I've seen this season and the fact we couldn't score against them in the first half despite our domination speaks volumes.

We can have all the posession in the world but when you have literally zero creativity and end product it counts for nothing.

What we didn't do was to react to Brentford changing the way they played in the second half.

Please try and take an unbiased view of the first half.

Yes for 20 minutes we did play some decent football through midfield and a couple of dangerous crosses into the box, but sorry after half an hour surely everyone could see Brentford were taking control of midfield and continuing this into second half there was only going to be one winner.

Be honest.

I think we played well until Bobby Reid ran out if steam on about 35 minutes. We just went static at that point. Zero movement or ambition. God only knows what the half-time team talk was about because we were woeful 2nd half. Brentford changed tactics and we had no response. Actually felt sorry for the lads and the fans.

• Admin

First 30 minutes city played best football of season, then we completely lost our way!

JET motionless as ball went over his head for tap in for second goal. NO SHOTS on target in first 90 minutes.

Completely lost our way, long hopeful balls to nowhere

Brentford were poor, and the fact we most to them is really worrying.

It's like at around 60 minutes teams realise we have no real threat at start to get confident to go for the won.

We were the better team until around the 60 minute mark , but we simply created no goal scoring chances (in fact Brentford had one chance the whole first half and it was the best .. A free header 6 yards out).

The fact we concede in the last ten minutes again (this time twice) and it was only at this point we started to increase our tempo, and try to get into the box to create chances.. But it's too bloody late...

Ahhhhhhhh I need a drink !

All well and good playing well but useless in the end if you don't get the points, look at Stoke in previous seasons, don't play pretty football but got the results they needed.

Yes and I think the problem is here.

We play football on the floor, we pass and move and are trying to make that the rationale for the team the squad and the club ethos...Ala West Ham

The problem is we are not competitive in the areas you need to be in Division 3. You have to be strong in the middle and right through the spine. For example playing Baldock up front with JET between the midfield and the forward limits the amount of ball in the air you are going to win. 

Bobby R is a good player and one of our better players but we are asking a young immature lad (in stature) to mix it with some pretty agricultural players. Pack and Reid is not unpicking defences and certainly is not weighing in with the odd goal.

So experience and physically mature presence is required...At least in the short-term.

I suppose what I'm saying is this...Despite the intentions behind the five pillars we need a result from somewhere and until we get one the team as it is will lose more confidence....Throw some physicality at it in the short-term...Harewood from the start will scare defenders in this league, or Taylor should be given a chance to see if we cant force things some more.... 

Elliott in central midfield with Pack with the two wingers....The back four...PicknMix....Cant choose much between any of them!

No Fielding on the bench? Is he injured...May have missed that....But certainly Parrish starting GK.

We passed it around nice and kept it well in the first half. When Wagstaff went off injured we lost our way and Brentford seized the time to push on, they were confident and we were regrouping then ran out of ideas and hit it longer and longer.

Brentford were probably the worst team I've seen in a while, dodgy keeper and not much else. And that's the sad thing, we almost made them look worldbeaters.

Archived