IGNORED

Sod Out, Alex Russell In

NVMal

Realistically I can see Carey and Harewood given it for a while.

I can't see any reason to promote either of them, even temporarily.

Alex Russell has been earmarked as a future City manager, it may just happen far sooner than anyone expected.

I can't see any reason to promote either of them, even temporarily.

Alex Russell has been earmarked as a future City manager, it may just happen far sooner than anyone expected.

We'll if it's the next in line approach that they've talked about then it's Mark O'Connor next (u21 manager). I'd be fine with that, at least as a caretaker..... Some wouldn't bearing in mind his background. Perhaps he's got a mate who is an experienced former prem league manager who could help us out.......

I'm glad SL is in charge and not the fans. We'd be playing downs football in a few years with these suggestions. We have tried the unexperienced managers in Tinnion and Millen, IMO Warnock needs to be here no matter how much it will cost, or have a chat with Tony Mowbray.

Why would Alex Russell be suitable for the role?  Have I missed something?

No one's saying he is, but when SO'D took over it was stated that the club's new philosophy would extend to all levels of the club so that when he inevitably left it could continue seamlessly with coaches already versed in the required style of play. Nothing would change except the man in charge of implementing that policy at first team level.

Alex Russell was specifically named as a likely successor, though of course this early a departure by SO'D would not have been anticipated.

Russell is 40 by the way - older than Danny Wilson when City appointed him - so he's old enough, but no doubt under the circumstances he'd have a more experienced man of his choice installed alongside him.

If SO'D goes he certainly can't be ruled out, though of course the board may decide that, however promising he is seen within the club, the situation right now is far too critical to throw him in at the deep end.

There will be a monthly raffle among OTIB regulars to decide who manages the club for the following month. I'm really looking forward to my chance to manage with Horace as first team coach. We've been playing Football Manager all week in preparation.

OTIB was going to hold the draw weekly, but it was decided that a week was too short a term for a manager to make a real impact.

Are you a whistleblower?

The board have always thought this was the best way to apppoint managers.

You've just breached the confidentiality clause in your contract.

The boss wants to see you later.

Millen aside the last 3 managers have been pretty much the fans choice

Archived