IGNORED

Jet

wayne allisons tongues

id drop baldock for a rest before jet,how many times was his name mentioned in comparison to jets last night?

I take it you didn't go and watch the game then, he's hardly going to get a mention if we are hitting a 40 yard ball over his head so he has to try and out jump a defender who is a foot tailer

Is he the problem, seems to float around and do bits and bobs but constantly not in the game so we are playing with 10 men quite often.

Maybe a good time to drop him and go straight 442 with 2 out and out forwards.

Completely agree.  He is not a striker; he can't jump, can't win anything in the air, and is terminally slow.  I can only see him as the spare man in a 3-4-1-2 formation, but what you have to do with him is build the whole strategy around him and, if he doesn't deliver, that means you're likely to fail.  I would have had Ryan Taylor on like a shot after 60 minutes last night, to give the midfield something to aim for, and maybe then Baldock would have got some opportunities.  As it is, I sincerely believe that JET is the problem and that playing the way we are we are unlikely to win a game all season.  That sounds far-fetched, but remember that for all our possession we did not have a single shot on target until second half injury time.  If that continues, we cannot possibly win any matches.

Thought he had a good game last night. Him and Reid seem like most likely to create something. Jet does need to make himself more available for when we break so he can link with Baldock.

Long high balls to Baldock just aren't working. The occasional one over the top is fine but not every time. For me we need the wide men to get to the bye line and cut it back. Joe Bryan was trying to do this when he came on and we started to look effective.

Archived