IGNORED

Can We Trust The Board

cheese

We probably can't and I hope they'd get outside help but, that said, I don't think we can trust the fans either.

Much as we might blame the board for poor decisions, Coppell was the comfortable favourite among fans when Johnson left, McInnes was preferred to Mark Robins by most people, and SOD was again the popular choice and seemed like a safe pair of hands.

Much as the board might have made poor decisions, they've often been what the fans wanted at the time...

If Sod does go, can we really trust the board to make the right decision? I think not, their track record this past 10 years has been poor. One successful appointment, at least six failures.

I don't trust them in the slightest especially not Lansdown Jr.

GJ and SoD were decent appointments.

Coppell was a senisble appointment which ended up a disaster.

McIness - Could have gone either way but created as many problems as he fixed.

The big mistakes were Tinnion and Millen.   Fine give them a chance but don't starve them of any backing.

Much as the board might have made poor decisions, they've often been what the fans wanted at the time...

Sorry, I disagree. It may have been what the most opinionated on this forum wanted, but can't believe it would be what the majority of fans wanted.

I didn't want McInnes or O'Driscoll, and there's probably a few others on this forum who had the same opinion...

For me, the only answer is a complete clear out and a change of ownership. We're going nowhere in the Lansdown dynasty and I would rather see the club go to the wall and rise again from the ashes, than endure Lansdown's regime any longer - that's how strongly I feel.

We probably can't and I hope they'd get outside help but, that said, I don't think we can trust the fans either.

Much as we might blame the board for poor decisions, Coppell was the comfortable favourite among fans when Johnson left, McInnes was preferred to Mark Robins by most people, and SOD was again the popular choice and seemed like a safe pair of hands.

A point I've made when I've clocked the 'fans wanted' remark in the past is so bloomin' what. It should matter not on jot what the fans think.

We are going from a name and track record. But every job is different. Many say now, and when appointed, SOD is a good manager/coach, but not for Bristol City in 2013.

Fans can suggest but we are always making an ill-informed decision.

The board on the other hand are, or damn well should be, privy to a lot more information. They know what the budget is, they know what is morale in the camp, they know what the players want and request of the manager, they know far more about what has gone on in previous jobs as they should be approaching a large sample of players who played under that manager and canvassed opinions on how he operates outside the matchday. They then can interview the candidate, a number of times. They can get professional opinions.

The whole point is IF the board do their due diligence correctly the wrong man should not be appointed. We don't have that due diligence to go on so we as fans are hip-firing.

If the board just go with the fans' favourite by a straw poll frankly what is the point in them being there? We may as well go down the Ebbsfleet route... Which failed.

Archived