IGNORED

Untitled

Olé

No wonder we've been playing with the same ineffectual tactics for three months and haven't improved.

Your job title is "Head Coach" not "Head Narrator". Start with things that AREN'T working and fix them.

Any team can look dominant outside the opponents box if you pack midfield and commit no-one forward.

You should think about whether your team is a threat - dominant is meaningless. And threat we weren't.

"Sammy, here's a video of you busy up front, on the off chance a defender ever misjudges a long ball."

"Keep doing that". (Ps the second 5 minutes of the DVD are our ten best throw ins - enjoy!). I despair...

Well done another one of those threads where you take only a part of what SOD said and twist it to fit your agenda.

The next line was "and show them the things they didn't do well" but you paraphrase to get your point across, well done.

Thanks for that.

Firstly my agenda has been to defend SOD in the face of everyone else wanting him out, it was only yesterday my view changed.

Secondly, the article I was reading on the official site makes no mention of the comments you refer to, so I have twisted nothing:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20131022-sodpostbrentford-1128653.aspx

Just glanced at the Sun's brief match report, the last paragraph reads:

"City have not won since March 9th - and they never forced Bees keeper Richard Lee into a save"

And of course this is correct, we may have played well according to SOD but for all that huffing and puffing we never troubled the keeper, I hope after much back slapping of all last nights so called positives he or JP may highlight this "tiny" detail to the players.

Just glanced at the Sun's brief match report, the last paragraph reads:

"City have not won since March 9th - and they never forced Bees keeper Richard Lee into a save"

And of course this is correct, we may have played well according to SOD but for all that huffing and puffing we never troubled the keeper, I hope after much back slapping of all last nights so called positives he or JP may highlight this "tiny" detail to the players.S

So we didn't actually score last night then. I know it was too little too late but I thank the Brentford goalkeeper for not seeing the goal from Harewood, as reason to force himeself into action. A few more goal keepers like that and there is hope for us yet.

Well that will be a short meeting then.  With regard to his after match interview, I picked up on something he said along the lines of  " We will keep on doing what we are doing in training ". This to me suggests that he has no other plan to implement and it's a case of more of the same in the vague hope it will work. This guy is stubborn, as was McInnes and Millen before him, in so much as it's their way or no way.

• Admin

Fair enough, that article has omitted the next line then, but he did in his interview last night go on to say they would look at the things they didnt do well. Just lately there has been a lot of threads started with quotes taken out of context or not quoted fully.

Your point remains, only your target was wrong. Why is the Official Site stitching him up? What agenda does the article writer have?

Well done another one of those threads where you take only a part of what SOD said and twist it to fit your agenda.

The next line was "and show them the things they didn't do well" but you paraphrase to get your point across, well done.

SOD's DVD - 1 minute of things we did well; 89 minutes of what we didn't do well - it's obviously a Horror Film.

Not for the faint-hearted.

But with O'Dreary giving his usual boring, montone analysis and commentary, the players will be comatose within the first few minutes.

I hadn't seen or heard the BBC interview, I read the official site which only mentions the remark I quoted.

Sorry. *waves arms in an infuriated manner, mutters 'stupid', and tries to leave*

On a serious note, if he is showing them things they're doing wrong, he clearly isn't including long punts to a short lone striker in that.

Apparently it's not about the result it is about the performance.

I'll remember that crumb of comfort when we get relegated.

It is about the performance (and although not get the results at the moment) it is still about the performance........ relegation......... you know what I'd accept that though it pains me to even admit it,  if we seriously re-built from the bottom up and end up where we all want to be...... embarrassment now.... beyond that ..... the bigger picture is that we are a Broke club..... not without our big backer though so we won't be going out of business.That does not change the results game that some seem to think is the b all and end all right now.......... yeah we all want to be top of the league...... wake up dudes

Given that things will turn around and it may take seasons to get there , for us to win games (sooner rather than latter) may also take more time, comply with FFP and be the amazing 'Big Successful Club' we all know we can be...... You are gonna get a bit  more shite......... or a bit of instant success if we cull SOD........ as for me SOD will go in the end but for now it is the board's decision not the minor amount of people on here that will decided it and I still say stick with SOD

Whether the quotes are out of context or not, the fact that one of the more sober posters on here is exasperated enough to start this thread at all is very worrying. While I still support the need for a long term and believe we do need a manager to lead us through this "change of approach" it is getting harder and harder to defend SOD as that man. Long term strategy or not, this short term run of form must be affecting the players confidence levels and their own belief that SOD is giving the right "tools" to do the job.

Archived