IGNORED

Referee Wanted?

Shaftesburyred

Did I hear they wanted a fourth official from the crowd last night? Am an ex Dorset League ref I would love to have had a go with the minutes board. How many minutes needed for us to get an equaliser-does the board go into hours! Would it be possible to make our final substitution for one of their players! Who would you choose?

The guy the pulled from the crowd would've struggled to run the line if called upon.

He must have been the highest qualified because the ref had 6 volunteers to choose from. Does anyone know why the injured lino was unable to complete the 4th official duties in the second half? It isn't that much of a strenuous job. Also, I just wonder whether, if one of the other officials had got injured in the second half, do the rules allow for a fan (even a qualified ref fan) to run the line? I somehow doubt it.

Finally, I don't know if the guy was wired up to the ref in any way, but I did laugh when O'Driscoll had a rant at him when the ref gave a dodgy decision mid way through the half. Poor bloke. Anyone on here?

He must have been the highest qualified because the ref had 6 volunteers to choose from. Does anyone know why the injured lino was unable to complete the 4th official duties in the second half? It isn't that much of a strenuous job. Also, I just wonder whether, if one of the other officials had got injured in the second half, do the rules allow for a fan (even a qualified ref fan) to run the line? I somehow doubt it.

Finally, I don't know if the guy was wired up to the ref in any way, but I did laugh when O'Driscoll had a rant at him when the ref gave a dodgy decision mid way through the half. Poor bloke. Anyone on here?

Ha ha. Hilarious. I can't imagine a fan running the line tbh. Don't know of any previous.

I would've reported to the ref abuse by the Brentford boss. Try and get him sent to the stand.

When Reid I think was down injured and play had stopped the linesman in front of the Williams was running up and down like mad doing quite a rigorous warm up, we thought it seemed a bit odd at the time. Then came the announcement, I think the call was for a level 3 as there was an injury to one of the officials. I've never heard it before in a ground. Don't know why the Lino couldn't have done the 4th official duties as was vigorously running. Funny thing was half the Dolman shouting I'll do it we might get some decisions our way.

Archived