IGNORED

Questionable Player Commitment?

hippy273

Hear me out all, i'm not defending SOD for the poor run we have had under him, ultimately it is the managers responsiblity to make sure we do the business on the pitch.

To me it is clear to the eye that certain players give 100% as and when they can, whereas players of a decent quality and skill (not naming names but certain forwards and defenders) only give it as and when they themselves feel it is necessary to get involved. Admittedly i was one of the fans that shyed away last night, because bluntly i knew what to expect from our team and i don't think SOD is enitrely to blame. I use Sunderland as an example because although Di Canio is unorthodox, he was trying to change the mentality of the club top to bot. The players didn't like this, and sure enough went to the board and voila Poyet takes over. I believe that some individuals are taking the relegation situation too lightly, and perhaps another manager can do better at rallying the troops and emphasise more on urgency than SOD. The problem also using youngsters in our side is getting the situation on board to them, whereas older and more experienced players understand the need to up the anti. But it is absolutely the right decision to bring youngsters through where possible.

If I was a Bristol City player I'd be telling my agent to do all they can to get me away from this nightmare club.

The players (bar JET of course) all put in a shift and played to. the best of their ability. They are probably as frustrated as we our with the formation SOD makes them play in.

We were set up to lose from kick-off.

Archived