IGNORED

One Of The Best Teams In The League

BRISTOL86

Just listened to SOD's intereview again and the one comment that I just cannot believe was something along the lines of:

"...shook my hand, and said we were one of the best teams they've played.....we get that quite a lot".

I'm sorry....but.....WHAT? This has to be a wind up, surely? Don't force the opposition into a single save all evening, and we were "one of the best teams they've played". OK Sean, sure. And as for getting it quite a lot.......??

Just listened to SOD's intereview again and the one comment that I just cannot believe was something along the lines of:

"...shook my hand, and said we were one of the best teams they've played.....we get that quite a lot".

I'm sorry....but.....WHAT? This has to be a wind up, surely? Don't force the opposition into a single save all evening, and we were "one of the best teams they've played". OK Sean, sure. And as for getting it quite a lot.......??

Why is that a wind up? Were you in the vicinity? Maybe it was actually said for whatever reason.

Why is that a wind up? Were you in the vicinity? Maybe it was actually said for whatever reason.

Maybe it was, but every other week we have the opponent telling us that we're the best team they've played according to SOD! We must be running away with the league, with how good we are!

One of the best teams in the league?

Oh yeah!

That's why we're bl**dy bottom!

I dread to think where we'd be in the table if we were one of the worst teams.

To be fair, Sean doesn't look at the table, so is blissfully unaware that we're bottom. With all those hard earned draws he probably thinks we're mid table.

One of the best teams in the league?

Oh yeah!

That's why we're bl**dy bottom!

I dread to think where we'd be in the table if we were one of the worst teams.

Well at least are we in the top 24 of best teams in League 1

To be fair, Sean doesn't look at the table, so is blissfully unaware that we're bottom. With all those hard earned draws he probably thinks we're mid table.

What I don't understand is why after a good recruitment drive in the summer (most would agree they were excited by some of the signings) are we in the position we are. I was a huge advocate for the appointment of SoD last year but the comment of "I never look at the table" did worry me just a tad. Now I look at the potential of our squad, our current position in the league and any confidence I had in our head coach is unfortunately diminishing by the minute. If he doesn't see where we are in the league what else is he not seeing?

You can't help but chuckle at that one (and I support SOD).

I think the tongue was firmly in the cheek when that compliment was passed.

Sort of like when you say to the ugly bird in the nightclub 'no love, the lighting in this place makes everyone look terrible'

When in reality you just want to deflect her off topic and get back in her knickers.

I don't want to get in Sean's knickers btw.

Sort of like when you say to the ugly bird in the nightclub 'no love, the lighting in this place makes everyone look terrible'

When in reality you just want to deflect her off topic and get back in her knickers.

Too late anyway, Stockhausen is already there!

What I don't understand is why after a good recruitment drive in the summer (most would agree they were excited by some of the signings) are we in the position we are. I was a huge advocate for the appointment of SoD last year but the comment of "I never look at the table" did worry me just a tad. Now I look at the potential of our squad, our current position in the league and any confidence I had in our head coach is unfortunately diminishing by the minute. If he doesn't see where we are in the league what else is he not seeing?

I think it's just sheer dogged belief that his system will eventually work. The trouble is that the game he talks is a million miles away from what we see on the pitch.

You can't talk about possession football, then instruct your players to lump the ball to Baldock and expect the fans to take it.

All the stuff he says about the players picking the right pass at the right time etc all sounds great in theory, but what we really need at the moment is motivation for the players, and sadly I don't think Sean is up to the task.

Although I appreaciate his demeanour may be different in the dressing room to what we see and hear via the media, but I just don't see him a a great man-manager/motivator.

I can honestly say that I have never been in a night club where the birds are ugly. Might have something to do with the 12 pints I consume before hand maybe !!

I think it's just sheer dogged belief that his system will eventually work. The trouble is that the game he talks is a million miles away from what we see on the pitch.

You can't talk about possession football, then instruct your players to lump the ball to Baldock and expect the fans to take it.

All the stuff he says about the players picking the right pass at the right time etc all sounds great in theory, but what we really need at the moment is motivation for the players, and sadly I don't think Sean is up to the task.

Although I appreaciate his demeanour may be different in the dressing room to what we see and hear via the media, but I just don't see him a a great man-manager/motivator.

I would be in agreement Tit old chap

I was indeed many years ago when I was a young stud. Only problem with Chasers was it was a minimum "15 pinter" and I don't always recall the outcome other than the bouncers launching me face first into the street for having the nerve to discuss the problem in braille

What we need now Tone is a leader of men.

Well, two actually - a no nonsense take the game by the scuff of the neck type captain on the pitch, and a manager that can give the players the proverbial kick up the arse.

Looks like you and me then Tit

Archived