IGNORED

Simply Outstanding Support

Kid in the Riot

Over 200 tickets sold in advance for a 554 mile round-trip to Carlisle when your team haven't won a league game in 21 matches and no league away game in nearly a year.

Take a ****ing bow, what brilliant support that is. And the same goes for the 620 that went to Crewe.

No other team in this division (bar Wolves maybe) would be taking numbers like this if they were in our predicament.

Our attendances this season have been first class home and away to be honest. We deserve much better.

Over 200 tickets sold in advance for a 554 mile round-trip to Carlisle when your team haven't won a league game in 21 matches and no league away game in nearly a year.

Take a ****ing bow, what brilliant support that is. And the same goes for the 620 that went to Crewe.

No other team in this division (bar Wolves maybe) would be taking numbers like this if they were in our predicament.

Our attendances this season have been first class home and away to be honest. We deserve much better.

+1. Great post.

Somewhat masochistically I'm looking forward to my 5.30am alarm and 7am train!!  Gonna be a good day (and night in Manchester!!)

There's still time for you to join us KITR.

Well said OP!

The one thing we have got going for us is the support and sense of humour to get us through this.

I remember many moons ago driving up to Huddersfield away in the snow on a tuesday night thinking 'what am I doing, i'll be there on my own!' But, come kick off the open away terrace at Leeds Road (yes, Huddersfield's old ground!) was pretty packed with the red hordes and it was that game that saw the one and only airing of the 'it's a tragedy for me to see the dream is over, and i never will forget the day we met, girl i'm gonna miss you...' Milli Vanilli chant!

Oh and we lost 2-1!

But City fans turn out, especially away from home, we have a more loyal and sustained away support than we are given credit for....

I used to do the away trips when I was a sprog and there is simply nothing like it. I remember going to Burnden Park Bolton, a shitehole in a shitehole and watching our keeper (name withheld to protect the guilty) give away a goal in the 89th minute.

Picked up a sports paper at Brum New St and realised I'd won a second divi in the pools.

Good day? Sort of, except if our keeper (name withheld) hadn't made that mistake, not only would have we been promoted a season earlier, but I'd have walked away with a VERY large pools win.

And that was a GOOD day following the Reds ;)

Don't get me started about being stuffed at Leyton bloody Orient. Hang on...

Horace is saying time for bed. He's pissed off at me coming in late, when he wants to go out hunting the wily slug. Bless him...

That is very decent away following especially if you take into account the 623 that went to Crewe on the week before and our appaulling form and league position.

It's hardly enormous but it's already 3 times what I thought we'd take, well done to all giving it a go.

Just imagine what we would be taking if we were doing well. Almost as many as the Gas?!

Archived