IGNORED

Premier League To League 1?

Aipearcey

Genuine question, not that id want them, but why would holloway, pullis or di canio drop down from the premier league to a team bottom of league 1? All managers who could Probably walk into any championship vaccancy. I can't believe there names are even being mentioned

And that nobody has mentioned Curbishley!

Genuine question, not that id want them, but why would holloway, pullis or di canio drop down from the premier league to a team bottom of league 1? All managers who could Probably walk into any championship vaccancy. I can't believe there names are even being mentioned

Agreed.

Regardless of any feeling I have about these two, or how they might feel about City, I doubt they'd come here.

If people want to discuss potential SO'D replacements they need to look at where we've picked up our last few managers from; none were recently ex-premier league.

Depends if they are happy being out of work when there isn't a host of jobs available and what potential they see in the club. Lets remember Swindon were in League Two when Di Canio joined them and okay he got the Sunderland job but given his rep he may have to take a team out of League One or the Championship before another Premier League job comes about.

Holloway and Warnock the pure attraction would be location given their families are in the west country and that they are family men and they might fancy a stint close to home. I remember Warnock saying when he was at Leeds it upset his family that they saw him once a week and it affected his children.

Pulis will be the Palace manager come Monday and I doubt he would be considered at all given how poor we were under him before.

Depends if they are happy being out of work when there isn't a host of jobs available and what potential they see in the club. Lets remember Swindon were in League Two when Di Canio joined them and okay he got the Sunderland job but given his rep he may have to take a team out of League One or the Championship before another Premier League job comes about.

Holloway and Warnock the pure attraction would be location given their families are in the west country and that they are family men and they might fancy a stint close to home. I remember Warnock saying when he was at Leeds it upset his family that they saw him once a week and it affected his children.

Pulis will be the Palace manager come Monday and I doubt he would be considered at all given how poor we were under him before.

Di Canio isn't someone I'd like us to hire, even if he did feel he wanted to come here.

Short term gain for long term pain; we've had too much of that already.

And though family/personal life is a consideration, having taking a team like us into League Two on your CV isn't something either of them want or need, and I'd be shocked if they saw us as worth the risk.

Simple answer, they wouldn't. They would rather hold it out until something better comes up than come to this poison chalice. Behind the scenes i don't think we even have the coin to attract managers of this reputation anymore.

Archived