IGNORED

"what A Mess" - And We Were Warned.....

ricardob59

I realise by putting myself out there, I will get 'dogs abuse' from the pro Lansdown regime side & I will say now that I for one had hope upon hope that the Lansdown millions would set us in the elite of English football..

BUT....

A certain Chairman and fellow Director were very concerned of handing power to successful local businessman who while enjoyed a certain wealth, craved for the day he could say he was 'Chairman' of a Premier League football team....

In fact to this very day I remember the very words used "Bristol City is a play thing".......

Much has been said about whether his early loyalties lay this side of the City or the 'Dark Side'..

But it appears that his Son's desire to watch the Reds led to the colours being nailed to the Gate.

Today's Bristol Post article rekindles the history of many conversations in the old 'Legends Bar'

Times when the Chairman & certain Directors sat & had a beer with the fans..

If we had gained promotion at Wembley under GJ, who knows the dream of owning a Premier League club could have been realised and this forum would have been full of next weeks Sky game & how were gonna get back from Stadium of Light at 6:30 on a Sunday evening.....!

Andy Stockhausen made some key points in his article today, and much reflected on the decisions made at Board level, that has possibly led to where we are today..

Starting with the time when we had Moyes lined up & SL didn't believe it would happen..? Or was it that he knew Pulis was HIS man...?

From there you reason with all the points made by AS today...

- Coppell

- James

- Millen

Etc etc..

Add the likes of the Tinnion appointment and if I recall when McInnes was appointed wasn't it Robbins who the board preferred..? (May not have this 100%)

No getting away from the fact that the SL millions could have taken us to the 'Promise land' and even to the realms of a new stadium... But even with the huge investment, decisions made were possibly auctioned as 'major investor' mode rather than with fellow board members...

As a well known & respected local businessman I am sure we will never have to worry about the fact that SL will pull any investment, so that's the key element.

But the son who now has to deal with the fall out of previous decisions it must be a tough call..

We are where we are and while many have called for change of manager, personally I can't see any point in bringing someone else in and adding to the mistakes of the past.

We were warned, now we have to work with 5 pillars to build this club back up again...

Or could there be an oil rich Russian waiting in the wings who doesn't give a toss about how many pillars we have & sees the potential to revise fortunes before we head down to the depths of the 2nd division...?

I go with 5 pillars as the Lansdowns will not want to part with "the play thing"

Now that's why I'm in exile :-)

I seem to recall it was SL who wanted Robins, as he was impressed with him while he was here on loan( or something like that). But the board favoured Mcinness, so he went with the majority. Or was I dreaming that?

I seem to recall it was SL who wanted Robins, as he was impressed with him while he was here on loan( or something like that). But the board favoured Mcinness, so he went with the majority. Or was I dreaming that?

Yep you could be right..

Wasn't quite sure... But had JL at helm so happy to go with flow...

Archived