IGNORED

The Simple 4-4-2

Oops

I reckon this tried and tested formula might be the answer to our League 1 nightmare. Am I being old fashioned? Or has this formation suddenly become the ginger stepchild of modern football?

Please give me your 4-4-2 formations, where the players know their jobs, the 2 strikers are ACTUALLY strikers, and we're not playing with at least 1 passenger when the opposition has the ball.

I reckon this tried and tested formula might be the answer to our League 1 nightmare. Am I being old fashioned? Or has this formation suddenly become the ginger stepchild of modern football?

Please give me your 4-4-2 formations, where the players know their jobs, the 2 strikers are ACTUALLY strikers, and we're not playing with at least 1 passenger when the opposition has the ball.

Posted at 3:06, Has this been keeping you up all night? Trying to solve ways in which we'll be able to win games

Well done sir, A credit to the club :clap:

I was thinking about 3-5-2.

Im not sure any combination of 2 of our current CMs would be strong enough to win the midfield.

Shorey wide left, Wagstaff wide right. Pack and Wynter deeper, Reid in the middle pushing on and JET pushed right up front with Baldock.

Formation and line up could certainly do with a tweak whatever happens.

Parrish

Maloney             Shorey

Wynter     Flint    Williams

Wagstaff     Baldock    Taylor   Jet   Bryan

Subs: Gibson, Thresher, Connor, Sharpe, Bush

Up and atom!

Atyeo not even on the bench? You're Danny Wilson, aren't you?

4-2-3-1 If it's good enough for the heavy weights of European football, it should be good for us.

The problem is the personnel. We need somebody up front who can hold up the ball, with a couple of quick attacking wide men in support.

The players are subject to opinion, but here's a start.

Fielding

Maloney-Flint-Williams-Shorey

Pack-Wynter

Baldock-Reid-Wagstaff

Taylor

This can be converted into 4-1-4-1 if we are on top.

Atyeo not even on the bench? You're Danny Wilson, aren't you?

I think that even the great mans' loyalty would have been tested in these modern times and he'd be playing for Real Madrid or Barca. Don't get many third tier England internationals these days!

Not me but how I enjoyed the Danny Wilson times.......

I was thinking about 3-5-2.

Im not sure any combination of 2 of our current CMs would be strong enough to win the midfield.

Shorey wide left, Wagstaff wide right. Pack and Wynter deeper, Reid in the middle pushing on and JET pushed right up front with Baldock.

Formation and line up could certainly do with a tweak whatever happens.

The trouble with JET up front is he rarely runs into positions, so he'd offer as little support to Baldock as he does now. His goals seem to mainly come from rebounds or picking up loose balls on the edge of the box.

(Which is why he should be there rather than taking corners)

The trouble with JET up front is he rarely runs into positions, so he'd offer as little support to Baldock as he does now. His goals seem to mainly come from rebounds or picking up loose balls on the edge of the box.

(Which is why he should be there rather than taking corners)

Agree, he's certainly not going to run the channels or such like. I know his form has not been what it was at the start of the season but he does need to be closer to Baldock and let the midfield bring the ball forward.

He's a matchwinner and whilst he hasn't been on fire recently if we can get the ball into his feet on the edge of the box rather than 30 yards out we might see a few more goals.

That all said, we have been so blunt up front recently, why not drop both and start Taylor and Harewood given the tendency to hoof it long as much they seem to be doing lately.

That all said, we have been so blunt up front recently, why not drop both and start Taylor and Harewood given the tendency to hoof it long as much they seem to be doing lately.

Indeed. They may as well bring back Maierhoffer, or whatever his name was. He was about 7ft was he not?

Archived