IGNORED

Dave Richards Signs On Loan

Negan

Funny one that. Wasn't expecting a keeper to come in on loan, hoping more for a defender, striker or winger.

I wonder who will drop down to bottom of the pile, surely you don't sign a youngster on loan to just have them as a youth player.

Perhaps he can also play anywhere along the back line or up front. It's an odd one. I heard Fielding hurt his finger which forced one of the youngsters onto the bench on Tuesday. Can't find anything about this on the official site but it was sent through the clubs official Twitter feed.

#BristolCity announce the loan signing of Cardiff City goalkeeper Dave Richards until January 1st. The deal will then become permanent.

surely spells the end of Castanheira, especially with O'Leary being on the bench the other night.

I would sayso becuase I wondered who the hell O'Leary was, so looked him up 17 year old who is rather good at cricket as well.  We cant rate the guys we have in our acadamy very highly.

It does seem a funny one in the context of constant financial restrictions reminders.  It also effectively closes the door the existing young keepers.

I'd have thought the money was more required else where.

What's that now, 5 GK's on the books? Fielding, Parish, Castenheira, O'Leary and now Richards.

I'm all for competition for places but this is crazy. I bet there are Premier League teams without that many on their books.

This football club gets stranger by the day.

What's that now, 5 GK's on the books? Fielding, Parish, Castenheira, O'Leary and now Richards.

I'm all for competition for places but this is crazy. I bet there are Premier League teams without that many on their books.

Madness of King Sean?

Perhaps we're gonna try to play 2 keepers... might keep a clean sheet and get those all important draws the gaffer likes!!?

I think this spells the end for Fielding in January, as for the others, as I posted yesterday Dylan Castanheira must be on his way as well, he's a year older than O'Leary but now finds himself behind him in the pecking order.

This is by no means an obvious priority for us so the only logical reason for it is if Fielding is moving on.

Archived