IGNORED

Why I May Have Lost Faith

EDoubleD

I've backed SOD since things started to go wrong, as I want the club to play good football that helps us attract good talent and fires us up the league.

However...I think my faith my be lost due to one man.

Albert Adomah.

I've always felt Adomah, for his flaws of not being great defensively, and being a bit of a headless chicken at time, to be a player with massive potential. Works hard, scorers goals, sticks to his wing, commits men, can take a free kick, and makes the opposition think. I've seen many tImes opposition be torn apart by him, or double up, freeing space for others. I think his success in a pretty awful boro team has proved how good he is, so why didn't SOD play him?

I agree that he didn't fit in his way of playing, but Albert is obviously a quality player who loved to play football, so when we needed quality why didn't he try to work with the players he had to build a system, rather than try and make them play the way he wanted when we were up against it? If we'd had a manager who got the most out of what we had would we have stayed up?

Also, Surely any team wanting to play football would want a player of albert's quality? Swansea and Liverpool are the two teams that play "good football" but both use wingers - dyer, routledge and Sinclair; Moses for Liverpool. So why didn't SOD? I agree we had to sell when we went down, but why did he never play last year?

I think maybe SOD's philosophy of playing worked once, but that was along time ago, and to play good football you need width, pace and movement, not intelligents to make decisions. Surely if your in a reactive sport like football, rugby, boxing you don't make decisions, as that takes time, you just react in the right way to what happens around you?

I hope we win today and I'm wrong about SOD, but I wonder if we will. Tisdale from Exeter is my choice for the new man if SOD walks, but I hope that doesn't happen.

COYR

I think Albert was totally knackered with carrying the team .

His performances last season were very mixed.A big improvement at the start but towards the end after African cup of nations he looked out of it.

Loved the bloke and a good ,exciting footballer with potential but regretfully i think he needed a change of club and we needed some dosh to rebuild.

Archived