IGNORED

Northampton 2006

belfastrobin

Ive sent my minnions to check and I can confirm that after beating S****horpe on the opening day, we went on to lose our next four in league and cup putting us 23rd in league 1.Then we played Northampton and went 1-0 down early on.... Things looked bleak. The rest is history and that game marked a turning point that would take us all the way to the door of the premier league. No doubt myself the great leader was to thank for all this.

Lets hope that today will mark a similar upturn in fortunes!

I believe the last time we won a league match the Gas where playing Chesterfield on the same day. I seem to remember coming home from AG to find my brother in law visiting and pissed off because their late promotion charge had taken a dent. Is that synchronicity? Probably not, I don't know...I'm thick as sh1t.

No. That was a home game.

I'm thinking Vs Tranmetr, but don't know why..!

Yeah bang on. They were either top or on a great run when they came down, looked a really tough game first 10 mins then we got a goal... and Wilkshire hit that unreal lob from halfway and I think we ran out 4-0 winners in the end! Can't remember for the life of me the other scorers though!

I agree, that was the game where Orr got sent for fighting with Carey, we won with 10 men. It epitomised the spirit in that team.

What was the spark for that fisticuffs? Did Louis question Brad's appetite, his "uppness" for the "fight"? Bit of a theme emerging here, perhaps (well, only if we go off on a merry run now. If...)

What was the spark for that fisticuffs? Did Louis question Brad's appetite, his "uppness" for the "fight"? Bit of a theme emerging here, perhaps (well, only if we go off on a merry run now. If...)

It was the usual, 'we've let a goal in and it was your fault / no, it was your fault' finger-pointing etc etc. They made up.

It was the usual, 'we've let a goal in and it was your fault / no, it was your fault' finger-pointing etc etc. They made up.

They "made up," you say? Well, perhaps I might suggest a role for our Louis, if he can find the time between his shopping at Cribbs and the beneficial things he is doing "for the dressing room" (incidentally, this "being good for the dressing room," doesn't involve painting it, does it? The owner might suddenly, inexplicably, promote him, to, god knows what, interim manager, or something daft. You gotta watch what you get dragged into, loitering around football grounds, doing odd jobs, these days), anyway, where was I? Oh, yes. Perhaps Louis could begin the much needed "peace process" (he, SOD, might go for the second bit, if not the first) between our head coach and the poor local radio pipsqueak? A suggestion for you to put forward at the next Fans Parlezment, Enclosure Serge?

Archived