IGNORED

Miserable First Group Barstewards

Aizoon

Today I have been treated to rudeness, ignorance and stupidity by one First Great Western guard (sorry, conductor) and three First Bus drivers.

What I want to know is whether they do it because they know I daren't raise my voice, let alone my fists, and I'm in deep do-do if I dare to swear, even under my voice.

I'm not in favour of abusing these guys - I know their job is difficult enough, but has it gone too far the other way? They can treat you like sh1t, and you dare not respond, because plod is always waiting around the corner. Just how much would it cost to be just a little polite?

its ok im in the east and they canceled all the trains before there were storms, now their not as bad as they thought they have still canceled the trains bellends and the guards are always rude they have no reason not to be, they are protected by the BTP, and they can essentially blackmail you once your on a train.  And the complaints procedure is like...............

It's how freedom is lost. They failed to impose ID cards mainly because some back bench MPs of both parties, to their credit, opposed it b

So, what do they do instead. If you look under 21, you have to carry a proof of age card if you want to go in the pub. Note - go in the pub, not buy a drink. Now, it's if you look under 25.

Get people used to carrying ID cards to go out for the night, and you've got them where you want them.

Let's be clear, this isn't about right and left. Let's not blame Labour or Conservative or even the ones in between who'll sell their souls for a sniff of power. It's about OUR human rights, not those of religious nutters who've weaselled their way into this country.

Curiously, the European Court of Human Rghts doesn't seem to be too worried about ordinary people, maybe because their view of human rights gives all power to the state police.

And, just in case people think this is a racist rant, I think Davros has made the best post so far, and I should also say that it was a West Indian platform manager who saved me from having a serious go at the arrogant little white sprog who was giving me a hard time, by talking to me like a fellow human being. Respect. You saved him from being decked and me from being arrested.

And another miserable git on the bus home last night :grr:

You've seen the poster on the buses:

Three big cases, two small dogs, one helpful and courteous driver

Why do I never get that driver, and always get one of the several hundred miserable barstewards?

Years ago in bath, some kids got onto the drunk bus without paying, rather than asking to be removed, the driver hit the panic button and ****** off, 10 mins later the police came kicking and pushing people off the bus.

I was pushed, kicked, and generally assulted, and got a section 5 for my trouble as I couldnt stop myself from calling someone a ****!  The two boys who caused the hassel buggered off as soon as they realised they were not getting a free ride.

This is where we are with public transport, the customer is scum and must be robbed.  Well almost certainly if your travelling late at night the assumption is your drunk.

Years ago in bath, some kids got onto the drunk bus without paying, rather than asking to be removed, the driver hit the panic button and ****** off, 10 mins later the police came kicking and pushing people off the bus.

I was pushed, kicked, and generally assulted, and got a section 5 for my trouble as I couldnt stop myself from calling someone a ****!  The two boys who caused the hassel buggered off as soon as they realised they were not getting a free ride.

This is where we are with public transport, the customer is scum and must be robbed.  Well almost certainly if your travelling late at night the assumption is your drunk.

Pretty well matches my experience, Davros. There's an old Irish saying that "There's no problem so bad that a policeman can't make it worse".

The rudeness of bus drivers in this part of the world is quite beyond belief, and you're seeing it on First Great Western trains now. A pity, because the old GWR ethic of polite helpfulness lasted well into the seventies in the West Country. That, ironically, finally got its death blow when FGW came along.

They know that, whatever they say and do, they can have you if you retaliate, even verbally. They control the video evidence and, in court, you'll see an irate passenger (sorry, customer) swearing at an employee, and nothing of the sheer bloody-minded rudeness that provoked it.

Pretty well matches my experience, Davros. There's an old Irish saying that "There's no problem so bad that a policeman can't make it worse".

The rudeness of bus drivers in this part of the world is quite beyond belief, and you're seeing it on First Great Western trains now. A pity, because the old GWR ethic of polite helpfulness lasted well into the seventies in the West Country. That, ironically, finally got its death blow when FGW came along.

They know that, whatever they say and do, they can have you if you retaliate, even verbally. They control the video evidence and, in court, you'll see an irate passenger (sorry, customer) swearing at an employee, and nothing of the sheer bloody-minded rudeness that provoked it.

The irony with my situation was that the police arested me for drunk and disorderly, by the time they eventually got round to my request of a breath test an hour later I was sober enough to drive, hardly drunk in the first place.  I also noticed the police treat football fans this way as well.

Well oop north I generally find bus drivers and train conductors to be friendly and courteous. I think that's true in most things actually, though I've always thought of Bristol as being the exception to the 'north/south rule'

That said, I'm on the train to London on Saturday morning so I'll no doubt be thrown in a BTP gulag by lunch time for not producing my ticket quickly enough...

Well oop north I generally find bus drivers and train conductors to be friendly and courteous. I think that's true in most things actually, though I've always thought of Bristol as being the exception to the 'north/south rule'

That said, I'm on the train to London on Saturday morning so I'll no doubt be thrown in a BTP gulag by lunch time for not producing my ticket quickly enough...

I have to admit Northerners as a rule seem much more freindly than us southern folk.

Archived