IGNORED

Doing The Double Over The Sags

chivers88

Anyone else think the coin toss should have been for the Friday - reckon we might get a bigger crowd.

I do love Friday night games. But, whilst not having illusions of grandeur and perfectly aware of our current predicament, we are probably a decent draw for Dag & Red. If I was their fan I'd be thinking were playing a recently 'established' championship side that went down, at a ground that we may not visit regularly and a game they could possibly upset. I hope we'd be expecting a decent-ish away turnout and Friday night would hamper that.

Like I said, I don't consider us a big club blah blah blah... But our current plight should see us as an attractive game for them. Saturday with minimal disruption, home and away, makes sense.... But I do love a night game.

I think we all breathed a collective sigh of relief when the Police insisted on the two games being played on different days.  Imagine the carnage if York were playing at the Mem on the same day as Dagenham AND Redbridge at the Gate.  I know the Dag and Red 2 teams "gag" has been done to death on here, but do the Avon & S Constabulary really think there will be 3 sets of visiting fans?

The 2 games will do well to attract 10,000 in total and its hardly Millwall and Cardiff coming to town! And of course we trust the Police and their use of public funds :innocent06: , its not as if they are trying to milk it! :whistle2:

City have even played on Christmas Day right up until the late 1950's...I wonder what kind of attendance we would get at home for an Xmas Day match these days...good or bad?

I can't imagine the attendance would be very high, People with families wouldn't go for a start i wouldn't of thought.

City have even played on Christmas Day right up until the late 1950's...I wonder what kind of attendance we would get at home for an Xmas Day match these days...good or bad?

Don't remember those, but do remember early kick offs on 1 Jan.

Real hang over was never improved when we would for instance batter the Gas all game, and lose 1-0 to a late crackerjack.

Archived