IGNORED

10 League Games Left This Year, 7 At Home !

OldlandReddies

Are we not, currently, better away from home, away from supporter "expectation," where teams attack us more, commit more players to attack, leaving a little more space? Aren't we more of a counter-attacking team right now, rather than one able to unlock teams looking to catch us on the break? Are we ready to take advantage of a run of home games?

Are we not, currently, better away from home, away from supporter "expectation," where teams attack us more, commit more players to attack, leaving a little more space? Aren't we more of a counter-attacking team right now, rather than one able to unlock teams looking to catch us on the break? Are we ready to take advantage of a run of home games?

Fair and accurate observation.

We simply HAVE to pick up a reasonable points return from this amount of home games though.

I expect us to be mid table at the turn of the year. If we aren't, then I suspect we will have a new manager telling the players not to over do it on the mince pies.

As I posted on a different thread yesterday.

It's imperative we pick up as many points as possible from that run of league games. Once it's over we will have played 13 at home and only 11 away. If we're still in the bottom 4 after that lot, the remaining 22 fixtures will not be a place for faint hearts.

EDIT : Just looked at January's away fixtures

1st - Leyton Orient

11th - Bradford

25th - Wolves

28th - Brentford

Better get ourselves a bit of a cushion.

Archived