IGNORED

16 Arrested In Dawn Raids

Maesknoll Red

It is my sincere wish that one of these brandishing everyone idiots gets wrongly arrested and banned from the club. Then they may indeed grow up and stop pre judging everyone from their ivory towers. It should be everyones right to be able to go to a football match without fear of getting hurt and even more so young people. People are being banned for doing nothing wrong the club in that matter have got it wrong.

But we have hundreds of people in here, including yourself, that appear to be experts in policing! Brilliant.

You don't have to be an expert to understand smashing a wooden baton into a city fan's face for having the audacity to want to go back to his own car a la Cardiff - is hardly a good way to police.

I don't normally waste my time on the rantings of a fool, but yes 5 have not been convicted...... Yet! What about the others? Like I say if they're innocent they have nothing to worry about!

The point I've been trying to make is people like you have been quick to label everyone scum and lowlifes etc without having any clue of the facts despite plenty of evidence that the police have been guilty of wrongful arrests and provocation. The simple fact that 5 people have been dawn raided the released without charge indicates the police have got it wrong again. You think being dawn raided and then released is "nothing to worry about" well I hope it happens to you then you can sit in a cell for 5 hours pondering what a complete clown you are.

I suggest you read and ingest the other thread about falling out of love with with the club,

I wish dog owners who let their dog shit on the pavement, (which is breaking the law too) got dawn raid calls. 

I know we need the police, but the type of people who join are typically *******, lacking personality, a below average IQ who get off on wearing a shiny badge, there is no other way they could command respect or authority in their dull and dreary life otherwise. 

Have you had your head in the sand? Have you not seen the Facebook, Twitter pages about our fans getting wrongfully arrested and lifetime bans?

Did anyone who was released without charge get a lifetime ban? Thought not.

You seem to be conveniently forgetting that 100+ of our fans acted like complete idiots that night.

Did anyone who was released without charge get a lifetime ban? Thought not.

You seem to be conveniently forgetting that 100+ of our fans acted like complete idiots that night.

For a start loads have been banned for nothing after Cardiff and after the mishandling of the dawn raids where INNOCENT people were wrongly dragged from their beds at 5am it's odds on it's going to happen again.

Do you even comprehend what I'm saying? Don't answer, I think not.

Another absolute belter living in an ivory tower casting judgements on others

I honestly think this season maybe my last wtf has happend to football.

100% agree with this. If this isn't a wind up, my days at football are coming to an end.

The day I can't back our club with a bit of passion is the day I say 'no more'. Maybe I'm old school and I'm not advocating violence at all but the day I can't stand, sing our songs and generally slag off the other team for 90 minutes is the day I go and do something else with my time on a Saturday and a Tuesday. That's another long term fan, a supporter since 1975 dispairing of the way OUR game seems to be heading.

For me and (I think) many others, this would be the end.

Wake up City FFS!

Why stop going? That's exactly what they want! They want a nice sterile atmosphere with no edge to it.

Don't let them win. You stopping going is playing right info their hands

I've always swore at the football I can't help it half the time like the other night against Brentford. Ever since I was young me and my Dad had a thing where I would only swear at the football if I did it at home I got a hiding fair enough and never swore at home till I was a lot older although I had heard it all before anyway nothing I heard was new. I don't know where this club is going anymore they talk about the kids but christ I can remeber going to Swansea, Cardiff, Brentford, Plymouth, Bournemouth, Oxford as a youngster where the atmoshphere was quality they will always stay with me those days now look at it it's pathetic people getting banned for swearing it's football ffs. I really don't want to run the risk of getting arrested and having a criminal record just cos I got a bit excited at a football match.

Why stop going? That's exactly what they want! They want a nice sterile atmosphere with no edge to it.

I've always swore at the football I can't help it half the time like the other night against Brentford. Ever since I was young me and my Dad had a thing where I would only swear at the football if I did it at home I got a hiding fair enough and never swore at home till I was a lot older although I had heard it all before anyway nothing I heard was new. I don't know where this club is going anymore they talk about the kids but christ I can remeber going to Swansea, Cardiff, Brentford, Plymouth, Bournemouth, Oxford as a youngster where the atmoshphere was quality they will always stay with me those days now look at it it's pathetic people getting banned for swearing it's football ffs. I really don't want to run the risk of getting arrested and having a criminal record just cos I got a bit excited at a football match.

Pretty much word for word what i was just writing. Great post.

I can't afford to get arrested for something I have ALWAYS done and won't risk it. My family and my employer won't wear a criminal record and getting banned for life and a football banning order for doing things we have done for the best part of 40 YEARS is just plain stupid.

Maybe I'm missing something through getting older but this ain't the game I used to support if I can get arrested for waving my hands aggressively or calling the visiting winger something!

Sorry Dolly, if them's the rules, I want no part of it! My love of BCFC will never die but this is absolutely rediculous.

People get banned without conviction from Ashton Gate.

People get banned without thuggi thuggery happening.

With respect all the escalators are not reaching all your floors.

Over a year ago I was attending a match at Ashton Gate, Just after half time I was returning to my seat and approached by about 5 coppers, I was arrested on suspicion of assault and handcuffed and taken tothe cells inI the ground. After about an hour I was released on bail, no charges were ever brought against me.

What had happened was someone who I know from the past saw me at half time briefly, that person then found the nearest copper and made an allegation of assault against me. The police then reviewed the CCTV and found I had not assaulted this person, in fact it showed I did not go within 20 meters of that person.

Great I thought my name had been cleared. Wrong I was! A few days later I received a letter in the post from Bristol City informing me I was banned for 6 months following my arrest. The letter said I had no right of appeal and any attempt to enter Ashton Gate during this period would result in a life time ban (even on non match days) following this period I then had to sign a behaviour contract with the club. All because someone had alleged I had assaulted them.

I never knew you could be found innocent by clear evidence (the cctv saw me walk to and from my seat) yet still be punished, I missed over half a season with a season ticket I already paid for and still on a probationary term now.

Yet the accuser didn't get done for wasting police time or anything.

That's justice for you.

What would your take on this be Nibor?? Should I have been banned for life simply because I was accused of something that I didn't do?

I got given a conditional discharge once at an away game, I was picked out of a crowd and arrested, why?? Simply because two coppers apparently heard me swearing in the street and at that exact same time a lady pushing a buggy was visibly distressed and had to cross the street. I was basically told by my brief, the two coppers would have been on overtime, by arresting me they would have got a nice afternoon at the station filling out paperwork instead of doing some work. Easy money. I was screwed as it was two coppers word against my own. I now got a conviction that has affected me in life simply for attending a football game.

No, you and the others defending violence at football matches are a disgrace. Every decent human being can see that.

Here's the thing parkender. I simply don't believe the people who claim they or their mates were victimised and did nothing wrong. You see, people who are guilty often protest their innocence.

There's no evidence to corroborate these claims that people are being arrested for nowt, not one bit, and there's plenty of reason not to believe it - not least what I saw with my own eyes at the derby match.

The Charlton fans you're talking about (in this article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24746019) deserved everything they got in my opinion. Why would we want someone glorifying racism and murder anywhere near a football match?

On the derby night, I've no sympathy for anybody that ran onto the pitch and made a beeline for the away fans. Anybody who threw something is someone I don't ever want at a football match again. If that upsets you, tough titty. I'm not trying to be a superfan, this is the sort of reaction that normal human beings should have.

We would suffer far less overbearing policing if you people stopped making excuses every time there was violence and started making these "people" unwelcome.

At the Derby game someone near me was hit by a coin, had they not have been wearing glasses they would have been blinded no doubt. This was reported to the police, even the culprit was pointed out yet the copper just shrugged his shoulders so the victim feeling let down by our justice system took things into his own hands and returned the coin, what did the copper do this time? Oh yea arrest the victim.

The policing that night was a shambles. There was no control. It was a free for all. The police failed to do their job so some of our fans took things I to their own hands.

Over a year ago I was attending a match at Ashton Gate, Just after half time I was returning to my seat and approached by about 5 coppers, I was arrested on suspicion of assault and handcuffed and taken tothe cells inI the ground. After about an hour I was released on bail, no charges were ever brought against me.

What had happened was someone who I know from the past saw me at half time briefly, that person then found the nearest copper and made an allegation of assault against me. The police then reviewed the CCTV and found I had not assaulted this person, in fact it showed I did not go within 20 meters of that person.

Great I thought my name had been cleared. Wrong I was! A few days later I received a letter in the post from Bristol City informing me I was banned for 6 months following my arrest. The letter said I had no right of appeal and any attempt to enter Ashton Gate during this period would result in a life time ban (even on non match days) following this period I then had to sign a behaviour contract with the club. All because someone had alleged I had assaulted them.

I never knew you could be found innocent by clear evidence (the cctv saw me walk to and from my seat) yet still be punished, I missed over half a season with a season ticket I already paid for and still on a probationary term now.

That's justice for you.

What would your take on this be Nibor?? Should I have been banned for life simply because I was accused of something that I didn't do?

BS34, can you email me this please with your name etc, so I can take it up via the supporters club and trust on your behalf

marie@bristolcityst.org.uk

I got given a conditional discharge once at an away game, I was picked out of a crowd and arrested, why?? Simply because two coppers apparently heard me swearing in the street and at that exact same time a lady pushing a buggy was visibly distressed and had to cross the street. I was basically told by my brief, the two coppers would have been on overtime, by arresting me they would have got a nice afternoon at the station filling out paperwork instead of doing some work. Easy money. I was screwed as it was two coppers word against my own. I now got a conviction that has affected me in life simply for attending a football game.

Should have gone to court and challenged this if so, judicial precedents would find you innocent in minutes if there was any lack of evidence.

At the Derby game someone near me was hit by a coin, had they not have been wearing glasses they would have been blinded no doubt. This was reported to the police, even the culprit was pointed out yet the copper just shrugged his shoulders so the victim feeling let down by our justice system took things into his own hands and returned the coin, what did the copper do this time? Oh yea arrest the victim.

The policing that night was a shambles. There was no control. It was a free for all. The police failed to do their job so some of our fans took things I to their own hands.

I expect the police officer found it as unlikely as I do that you managed to identify the culprit correctly. To notice someone in an away crowd of over a thousand throw a coin, follow it's trajectory and see it hit a city fan, and to do so in the dark is quite a feat.

What's indisputable however is that even were that all true, none of it excuses throwing a coin back and potentially injuring someone completely innocent. The "victim" instantly became not just a criminal but a complete moron when he threw it back and deserves everything he gets.

There are either some inconsistencies here or some info missing. Why was the lady visibly distressed? Who were you swearing at? If they were a mate, why didn't they give a statement in your defence? Your brief seems a little unusual too. I am struggling to see how you got convicted here if this is the full story.

That's justice for you.

You seem to have a lot of bad luck with police but if the facts are as you say they are and you didn't do anything wrong, then you should write to the chairman of the club and protest your ban, the FSF for support and the IPCC as to why you were wrongfully arrested and why your accuser was not charged with making a false statement.

I would have thought your experiences would make you even more anti violence at football since that is the root cause and continuing excuse for heavy handed policing.

There are either some inconsistencies here or some info missing. Why was the lady visibly distressed? Who were you swearing at? If they were a mate, why didn't they give a statement in your defence? Your brief seems a little unusual too. I am struggling to see how you got convicted here if this is the full story.

You seem to have a lot of bad luck with police but if the facts are as you say they are and you didn't do anything wrong, then you should write to the chairman of the club and protest your ban, the FSF for support and the IPCC as to why you were wrongfully arrested and why your accuser was not charged with making a false statement.

I would have thought your experiences would make you even more anti violence at football since that is the root cause and continuing excuse for heavy handed policing.

You really don't get it, do you? The point is that the police acted on a false malicious accusation and, although the police eventually released him without charge, the club chose to ban him for six months. That is injustice pure and simple, and has absolutely nothing to do with how other fans behave.

At the risk of invoking Godwin's Law, I would point out that one of the things that allow dictatorships to imprison people at random is the belief that "innocent folk have nothing to fear". Quite clearly they do....

You really don't get it, do you? The point is that the police acted on a false malicious accusation and, although the police eventually released him without charge, the club chose to ban him for six months. That is injustice pure and simple, and has absolutely nothing to do with how other fans behave.

At the risk of invoking Godwin's Law, I would point out that one of the things that allow dictatorships to imprison people at random is the belief that "innocent folk have nothing to fear". Quite clearly they do....

If the facts are as stated then yes it was an injustice, I haven't disputed that. I suspect there's more to it myself. Anyway, I'm not sure what you think I don't get?

Heavy handed policing and zero tolerance from the club have everything to do with how other fans behave. They didn't just wake up and decide one day to be a bastards about it. It took years of violence for the current state of affairs to evolve. It will not change whilst people condone, excuse and continue that kind of thing so it makes no sense at all to complain about injustice at the same time as attempting to justify hurling coins.

I'm pretty sure nobody's been jailed without a trial so I think we can leave the dictatorship comparisons out.

Archived