IGNORED

Huge Sanction For Cska Moscow

glynriley

What a typically useless report from the BBC. However, at least for once and at first read, I see no spelling mistakes which is astonishing.

The report really gives zero insight into what closure of part of the ground means in practical terms. How pathetic is that not least because we really have little idea as to how much of a punishment it really is but, as you suggest Glyn, probably a rather meek one.

Did anyone actually expect serious sanctions??

I expected a fine and a behind closed doors match not a partial closure of a ground that can probably be shuffled around to affect relatively little on the bottom line.

Whether what i expected is considered a 'serious sanction' I will leave others to decide.

One thing is for sure and that is that its Russia, the World Cup is approaching, Platini wants the top job and he wants to keep in with that eastern European bloc. It smells awfully like a stinky one from where i am standing and I am not even remotely down wind.

I expected a fine and a behind closed doors match not a partial closure of a ground that can probably be shuffled around to affect relatively little on the bottom line.

Whether what i expected is considered a 'serious sanction' I will leave others to decide.

One thing is for sure and that is that its Russia, the World Cup is approaching, Platini wants the top job and he wants to keep in with that eastern European bloc. It smells awfully like a stinky one from where i am standing and I am not even remotely down wind.

Well across Europe, UEFA don't seem to take racism that seriously. Spain, former Yugoslav countries, Ukraine and Italy have all gotten away with a small fine and a slap on the wrists for this.

The whole system is a joke and I hope Platini doesn't get the top job.

Well across Europe, UEFA don't seem to take racism that seriously. Spain, former Yugoslav countries, Ukraine and Italy have all gotten away with a small fine and a slap on the wrists for this.

The whole system is a joke and I hope Platini doesn't get the top job.

And I still have dreams that there will be a decent bloc of breakaway countries who rightly call time on the entire feuding, corrupt morass of FIFA and set up a parallel organisation a bit like what happened to darts. Then we can have two world cups, one which continues to back the trouser baggers and another who have stopped putting up with such crap. It would only take 4 or 5 big countries to render the existing organisation rather illegitimate; a bit like if you push a dictator just a little he will topple rather easily as we have seen a few times of late.

Just needs a few bods with real cojones.

And I still have dreams that there will be a decent bloc of breakaway countries who rightly call time on the entire feuding, corrupt morass of FIFA and set up a parallel organisation a bit like what happened to darts. Then we can have two world cups, one which continues to back the trouser baggers and another who have stopped putting up with such crap. It would only take 4 or 5 big countries to render the existing organisation rather illegitimate; a bit like if you push a dictator just a little he will topple rather easily as we have seen a few times of late.

Just needs a few bods with real cojones.

Just thinking back, didn't the English FA not long ago speak against FIFA and Blatter but was backed only by a couple of other FAs while the rest just slammed them for daring to speak out against him. Think it was the time when a lot of corruption was being exposed within the organisation to the world.

I agree with your thinking though but it will never happen in our lifetime as no one has the guts to breakaway and form a new organisation.

Just thinking back, didn't the English FA not long ago speak against FIFA and Blatter but was backed only by a couple of other FAs while the rest just slammed them for daring to speak out against him. Think it was the time when a lot of corruption was being exposed within the organisation to the world.

I agree with your thinking though but it will never happen in our lifetime as no one has the guts to breakaway and form a new organisation.

Probably right on your last point and even if Splatter goes soon the new 'Don' will see the dollar signs and such 'words of wisdom' at his inauguration will be quietly binned as he takes to sunning himself at a Black Sea resort with leggy beauties cavorting his aura, beluga being washed down with the finest don perignon and a vista that beguiles his senses.

On the first.. i think it was 4 or 5 countries who dared to rise above the parapet if i am not mistaken these were USA, Australia, one of of the Scandinavian countries and Bermuda. Clearly not quite enough but then we did have some rather dour half wits making the play as i recall. We needed a hound dog just at that moment.

Probably right on your last point and even if Splatter goes soon the new 'Don' will see the dollar signs and such 'words of wisdom' at his inauguration will be quietly binned as he takes to sunning himself at a Black Sea resort with leggy beauties cavorting his aura, beluga being washed down with the finest don perignon and a vista that beguiles his senses.

On the first.. i think it was 4 or 5 countries who dared to rise above the parapet if i am not mistaken these were USA, Australia, one of of the Scandinavian countries and Bermuda. Clearly not quite enough but then we did have some rather dour half wits making the play as i recall. We needed a hound dog just at that moment.

Also Blatter at the time was 'eliminating' his rivals for his position by cracking down on the bribes for delegates when he probably is just as corrupt as them but hey it does show him as a genius and wont let go of his position easily (why would he?). He really does need to go though, his venue choices for the next 2 World Cups does seem laughable and ridiculous considering the problems within Brazil and Russia. Qatar was an incredible and quite frankly ludicrous choice.

On the second point it's a shame we didn't have Greg Dyke at the time, to me he does seem to knuckle down and get on with the business at hand. Bet if he was our representative back then would've have really stuck it to Blatter and his cronies.

Not a huge surprise.

For info, seems UEFA have a three strike rule - strike 1 - partial closure, strike 2, total closure, strike 3 - removed from the competition. As it was a first strike, it is what it is.

FIFA seem to think UEFA are to soft on all this, which actually seems a Blatter/Platini thing really. If they need to get all 3 strikes in the same season I have no idea - if so, it could be completely pointless!

Archived