IGNORED

Ngp

Pickle Rick

If it says "fine" or "penalty" you can ignore it.

If it's a "charge" or a "fee" they can take you to court.  

They may not bother but I know one guy that this happened to and he did go to court.

Best to write to them disputing the charge, ask them to prove you entered into a contract with them and to explain how their terms are fair under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

have to agree with the totally ignore stance, as I had a parking company fron the Aspect leisure chasing me because I did not park in a correct bay. eventually after a number of threatening type letters to me they went away. I belive they can take you to court but would have to demonstrate a loss, so its not worth tne cost of doing so.

I would keep it here, more people will see it, less will get ripped off.

Better still pin it on this forum.

Not so people can park where they want, as the council parking attendants can deal with that...

But so that an awareness may be spread to stop the likes of this company using fear based tactics to charge people of their money earned.

The only correction I'd make is that an operator is quite often appointed agent of the landowner and often, under their contract with the landowner, is able to puruse action in the name of the landowner.

That said that doesn't make claims any more legitimate. Ignore and move on.

It's true that the parking company can legally act as an agent for the landowner BUT in any legal action, the named plaintiff in the case MUST be the landowner - and there's the rub - because not many landowners (Tesco, asda, etc) want the negative publicity for the sake of a few quid.

NGP are the company that have recently taken over the parking on Paxton Drive (flats where bowling/planet kids was) which is a private road and is sign posted clearly throughout. If it's here where you have parked then you only have yourself to blame as it's pretty obvious you shouldn't park there.

When you say you parked on "a bit of grass" I'm guessing you mean either the entrance or exit to this street. I have a friend who lives there and parking is a problem, where the footpath is unusable due to all the cars and the grass areas are becoming mud baths. I wouldn't like it if on a weekend people started parking on my front garden or driveway and I'm sure you wouldn't either.

Why don't we all just use bus, taxi or train and have a drink and be merry.

Archived