IGNORED

Songs With Bristol City In The Lyrics

redad

https://twitter.com/bbc6music/status/395791418058215424

Um.... One, for the Bristol City....

I got nothing else

There was the Shag Connors & The Carrot Crunchers single, one side was a 'Bristol City Medley', the other side was 'Red Red Robin'...think it dates from the early 80's. Also Adge Cutler & The Wurzels' 'Virtute Et Industrial' mentions City (and Rovers) in the lyrics...

Two other wurzels song mention the city. Lookin at ee lookin at I and I've forgotten the other of the top of my head.

Another Wurzels song mentioning City was 'Cheddar Cheese' , which was on 'The Wurzels Are Scrumptious' LP (1975), along with the previously mentioned 'Look At 'Ee, Lookin' At I' . 'Cheddar Cheese' was also the B-side of  'One For The Bristol City'.

"were the famous Bristol City and we play at ashton Gate, so come on all you City fans sing and celebrate" la la la

Couldn't remember how its starts  :doh:

We're going to division one. We're going to the top. We're better than united and we're louder than the kop. Our name is Bristol City and we play at Ashton Gate. So come on all you City fans and sing and celebrate. La lalala la, la la la lala.

That's when we were in the old second division before promotion to division one, 75/6.

There was the Shag Connors & The Carrot Crunchers single, one side was a 'Bristol City Medley', the other side was 'Red Red Robin'...think it dates from the early 80's. Also Adge Cutler & The Wurzels' 'Virtute Et Industrial' mentions City (and Rovers) in the lyrics...

I have a Shag Connors album (ahem, yes I know....) that has a track called "The Bristol City Streaker". 

We're going to division one. We're going to the top. We're better than united and we're louder than the kop. Our name is Bristol City and we play at Ashton Gate. So come on all you City fans and sing and celebrate. La lalala la, la la la lala.

That's when we were in the old second division before promotion to division one, 75/6.

Ah! the good days, and decent songs.   Cheers Rich

Archived