IGNORED

Still In Love With This Club

glynriley

I'll be there tomorrow, as per usual. Quite looking forward to it actually.

I'm working class though, so I hope I don't get ran in.

hahaha,

I'll be there as always but to be honest I don't blame people not wanting to be after the last 4 years

I'll be there tomorrow, as per usual. Quite looking forward to it actually.

I'm working class though, so I hope I don't get ran in.

Don't talk yourself down, Riley. Unsophisticated, simple working class oiks such as "the likes" of your good self, young man, are the fodde, er, the heartbeat of our great club. Where would we, BCFC, be without you tabloid reading, ITV watching, TalkSport listening, betting shop dwelling, white bread, non-salad eating, meat and no veg, beer and cider guzzling, pitch invading, Millwall bothering, shell suit wearing, B Block bovver boys, eh? Where would we be? Well, probably down at Ashton Vale, by now. But never mind. Don't let any pompous twits put you down, Glyn

Don't talk yourself down, Riley. Unsophisticated, simple working class oiks such as "the likes" of your good self, young man, are the fodde, er, the heartbeat of our great club. Where would we, BCFC, be without you tabloid reading, ITV watching, TalkSport listening, betting shop dwelling, white bread, non-salad eating, meat and no veg, beer and cider guzzling, pitch invading, Millwall bothering, shell suit wearing, B Block bovver boys, eh? Where would we be? Well, probably down at Ashton Vale, by now. But never mind. Don't let any pompous twits put you down, Glyn

All very well to say that but I hope that Riley realises that he should dress 'smart/casual' tomorrow and not sing over the half time string trio.

I'll be there too, Glyn. I've been a season ticket holder for 35 years and I'm not buggering off to Reading any time soon.

I've seen (in no particular order):

• Atyeo scoring the goal which got us promoted out of the division which we're now back playing in; watching the game with my Dad
  • Promotion to the old Division One and four memorable seasons there
  • 3 consecutive relegations which followed
  • Bottom of Division Four and within a few days of going out of business; the game at Newport
  • The Ashton Gate 8; Bristol City - Now or Never.
  • The Anglo-Scottish Cup Final win
  • Anglo -Italian Cup matches
  • Sherpa Van and Freight Rover Finals at the old Wembley (as well as the Millennium)
  • Nearly all home games with my wife and two sons
  • The Wembley Playoff Final
  • Great Chairmen like Harry Dolman and, well all the rest
  • Great managers like Alan Dicks and again all of the rest of the (generally) crap and tat especially Pulis and Osman
  • Great players like Atyeo, Gibson, Gow, Merrick, Galley, Garland, Cheesley, Hunter, Bob Taylor oh and so many crap ones, it's unbelievable
  • Players who wore the shirt with pride and passion - like Shaun Taylor and sadly, far, far too many who couldn't give a shit.

Over time, I've bought rosettes, badges, programmes, fanzines, shares, bricks, shirts, babygro's. I've travelled up and down and across the country following this bloody club. I remember events in my life based upon what division City were playing in or who was managing us or who was playing in the team.

I haven't endured 50 odd years of mainly pain interspersed with moments of pure ecstasy to walk away just because the results aren't great at the moment or I don't like the coach (which I do) or the Board. SL may own my Club on paper but in truth, it's MY Club and whatever happens, nobody can take that away from me (unless I run on the pitch apparently and frankly, that ain't going to happen any time soon).

No, I ain't going to change my allegiance and start watching Reading. I could NEVER cheer for a team wearing a blue strip. I'll be at AG tomorrow to give Little Lee a warm welcome then hopefully to see our boys stuff his team out of sight. Like you Glyn - I'm looking forward to it.

All very well to say that but I hope that Riley realises that he should dress 'smart/casual' tomorrow and not sing over the half time string trio.

Thank you for that, "Calc." I think you'll find Riley and myself have a well established, amicable and appropriately condescending 'master/ servant' understanding. He knows his place and we rub along rather well, I like to think. All for the good of our beloved Bristol City FC

I'll be there too, Glyn. I've been a season ticket holder for 35 years and I'm not buggering off to Reading any time soon.

• Atyeo scoring the goal which got us promoted out of the division which we're now back playing in; watching the game with my Dad
  • Bottom of Division Four and within a few days of going out of business; the game at Newport
  • Sherpa Van and Freight Rover Finals at the old Wembley (as well as the Millennium)
  • Great managers like Alan Dicks and again all of the rest of the (generally) crap and tat especially Pulis and Osman
  • Great players like Atyeo, Gibson, Gow, Merrick, Galley, Garland, Cheesley, Hunter, Bob Taylor oh and so many crap ones, it's unbelievable
  • Players who wore the shirt with pride and passion - like Shaun Taylor and sadly, far, far too many who couldn't give a shit.

Over time, I've bought rosettes, badges, programmes, fanzines, shares, bricks, shirts, babygro's. I've travelled up and down and across the country following this bloody club. I remember events in my life based upon what division City were playing in or who was managing us or who was playing in the team.

I haven't endured 50 odd years of mainly pain interspersed with moments of pure ecstasy to walk away just because the results aren't great at the moment or I don't like the coach (which I do) or the Board. SL may own my Club on paper but in truth, it's MY Club and whatever happens, nobody can take that away from me (unless I run on the pitch apparently and frankly, that ain't going to happen any time soon).

No, I ain't going to change my allegiance and start watching Reading. I could NEVER cheer for a team wearing a blue strip. I'll be at AG tomorrow to give Little Lee a warm welcome then hopefully to see our boys stuff his team out of sight. Like you Glyn - I'm looking forward to it.

Lovely sentiments, "Rude." Glad you enjoyed the anglo-Italian glory days. What a glorious triumph that competition was. And didn't I do well in the Freight Rover, too.

Would you care to say anymore on the "great chairman" we've been blessed with at AG down the years? (No need to go back any further than 1980)

Thank you for that, "Calc." I think you'll find Riley and myself have a well established, amicable and appropriately condescending 'master/ servant' understanding. He knows his place and we rub along rather well, I like to think. All for the good of our beloved Bristol City FC

Aye Sir.

Lovely sentiments, "Rude." Glad you enjoyed the anglo-Italian glory days. What a glorious triumph that competition was. And didn't I do well in the Freight Rover, too.

Would you care to say anymore on the "great chairman" we've been blessed with at AG down the years? (No need to go back any further than 1980)

They named stands after Dolman and Williams, Les and to honour you, earlier this season had Kews from the turnstiles to the park. You must feel very humble, Les. No really, you must.

Aye Sir.

Needed a bit more forelock tugging Glynn.

Oh, and it's a string quartet, by the way

It was a string quartet, but under the board's austerity drive and ffp it is down to a threesome!

I know my place

fast_show_fosters_02.jpg

Oo- err. Perhaps a tad too much unspoken, homo-erotic feeling going on, there, Glyn? I'm more than happy to pay you a visit in your 'working class' matchday pub, packed with Dolman ruffians and salt-of-the-earth types, and buy you a pint, I'll put a fiver behind the bar, even. Bit of "banter" about the City and the match. But that's as far as it goes, okay? Just so we're clear...

They named stands after Dolman and Williams, Les and to honour you, earlier this season had Kews from the turnstiles to the park. You must feel very humble, Les. No really, you must.

The naming of stands is a thorny issue, chez Q. What does one have to do?

I did offer to walk amongst the waiting, Q-ueing people (my people), to calm the fevered throng, when we had all those problems, but was told this would make things worse. No wonder they're struggling to steady the ship down there. Q-less! Anyhow, I understand Mr O'Driscoll has managed to sort out this particular problem for now

Now about this "fevered thong", Les ...

I'm not going to lower, myself (not at my age), "Rudo," nice try.

We are supposed to be reaffirming our love and support here for the creaky, good ship, BCFC, to counter all the gloom currently in the chamber. Perhaps we could get back to that. Anyone reckon we'll be able to penetrate a here-for-a-point Oldham before they breach our defences?

Oo- err. Perhaps a tad too much unspoken, homo-erotic feeling going on, there, Glyn? I'm more than happy to pay you a visit in your 'working class' matchday pub, packed with Dolman ruffians and salt-of-the-earth types, and buy you a pint, I'll put a fiver behind the bar, even. Bit of "banter" about the City and the match. But that's as far as it goes, okay? Just so we're clear...

A kind offer Sir Les, I fear it would end up being a tad awkward for us though, unacustomed as we are to being in the prescence of the like of your goodself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0su-xQOjEgk

A kind offer Sir Les, I fear it would end up being a tad awkward for us though, unacustomed as we are to being in the prescence of the like of your goodself.

Ahh, yes, that does look a bit awkward. Shame. I'm sure all the "lads" down the pub would be fascinated to hear my many anecdotes about rubbing shoulders over the years with the great and good in football, business, politics, but perhaps it would be a little overwhelming at first. I'll just make do with the Legends Bar before the game tomorrow, then

my journey as a City supporter has mirrored yours . Many more downs than ups. but we've earned the up's as supporters,because we support through thick and thin. One club boy and man. Till I die

Archived