IGNORED

Jets Long Throws

tezOfCity

I've never really been a fan of long throws, I've always thought they've looked clumsy and ineffective. However against Coventry and now Carlisle Jets long throws have caused havoc for the defending team. And yet we only seem to use them when we're losing. I know its potentially counter effective towards producing free flowing passing moves but i think we should utilise this as a weapon more often, simply to increase our chances of scoring, not every time, but atleast a couple of times a game to see how the opposition deal with it.

Disclaimer: what i am NOT saying is set up the team to maximise our chances of scoring from throws ala Stoke, just to use it to our advantage more.

Pack also has a decent long throw apparantly but ive never seen it first hand.

Agree 100%

If we've got a throw in, and we're in the final third, why not use someone whose throw could reach any of 5 or 6 City players rather than our usual "throw to the nearest bloke - who is being close marked - and then lose possession" tactic?

We have perfected that routine over the 24 years that I have been watching and now you just want to scrap it and go back to the drawing board...?!

We have perfected that routine over the 24 years that I have been watching and now you just want to scrap it and go back to the drawing board...?!

:laughcont:

Our throw in ineptitude have been one of my constant gripes for yonks.

Are they ever practised in training?

Archived