IGNORED

Take Off Bobby Reid And They Score, Everytime

where's the joy

• Admin

Thought it had more to do with taking Taylor off and changing the shape.

Elliot was a complete waste of a player. No point in him being there at all.

That's a bit harsh Jordan.

Personally I thought he was one of Oldham's better players.

I too didn't think Reid needed subbing, he looked lively and interested and very unlucky not to score a great goal. Yes, I understand our young players need looking after but the change just invited Oldham to continue to pressure us. I haven't checked their corner count but I bet it's double ours, never mind all the free kick and throw in's we give them.

There were glimpses. We scored a great goal that was a really good move, Waggy got in a few times. I don't think Elliot is horrendous, he just really was today. So bad.

He made more of a contribution than Pack, broke up the play and even played a through cross field balls. Granted he looked like bambi on ice at times but he wasn't our worst midfielder today.

I think sod summed up it up on the radio

Playing 433 we were being overran in midfield and if we play jet and Reid we have no one on the left so are left open so tried to help the team.

Not sure what is the answer is but if we play Reid we can't play jet as well for we are to open but as our best players currently we need to play.

anyone noticed how often this has happened this season.

he is our most important player behind JET

This is a typical reaction by supporters of any given club to any given local player.

Reid was average today.  As was the rest of the midfield.  Did he deserve to be subbed?  Don't know - it could've been any of the midfield.  Is he exempt from criticism?  No, he shouldn't be, but in the eyes of most fans he is exempt, because he's local.

Reid, Pack, Elliot & Wagstaff have been our most-used midfielders this season.  Of those 4, and considering their styles of play and their own strengths and also their roles in the team, I'd have expected a goal or two out of Bobby so far?  What's he contributed to the scoresheet?  Nothing.

I'm not criticising him, I like the kid and think he'll turn into a good player.  But he shouldn't be exempt from critique just because he's local.  He should have contributed more so far, in my opinion.

Reid barring a few flashes wasn't that great today... very lightweight and seems to be in the same mould as JET, not trying to get to the ball.

Sorry, but that's BS. He made much more effort in terrorising the defence than JET, Taylor and that complete waster Pack in the first half. If he'd subbed the latter for Bryan we'd have been far more of a threat.

Sorry, but that's BS. He made much more effort in terrorising the defence than JET, Taylor and that complete waster Pack in the first half. If he'd subbed the latter for Bryan we'd have been far more of a threat.

One class effort deserved a goal when he lobbed the keeper and that was it... other than that he was rubbish.

Only a GREAT goal because your golden boy was involved.

No, mainly because it was a flowing move finished with a bicycle kick.

Hardly a golden boy any way, I just happen to rate his contribution. We win more with him in the team anyway... But you're a bit of a clown so what's the point in replying.

No, mainly because it was a flowing move finished with a bicycle kick.

Hardly a golden boy any way, I just happen to rate his contribution. We win more with him in the team anyway... But you're a bit of a clown so what's the point in replying.

That may well be the case but a win once in a blue moon is nothing to write home about and i think it's more of a case of bring on the clowns to be honest.

Reid was crap - marginally worse than Elliott who at least got his foot in a few times.

I saw Pack pull out of at least two 50/50s which is something that needs sorting.

Wagstaff had a poor game but kept going.

That midfield was collectively rubbish yesterday and they gave Oldham the freedom of the pitch.

As for the centre backs......god help us.

Having said all that, how many saves did Parish have to make - the same as their keeper, hardly any. It was a very low standard, poor game where Oldham at least tried to play football in difficult conditions. They deserved the three points not just the one.

We robbed a point yesterday and thats the only positive I can take from it.

I thought Williams had a great game at centre back. Flint did okay, saying that I actually thought our whole defence looked fine.

Midfield was the problem.

Bobby Reid - Subbed off

MK Dons - 76th minute for Wynter; conceded two whilst he was on, none after he went off

Gillingham - 60th minute for Shorey, conceded one whilst he was on, none after he went off

Rovers - 90 +5 minute for Wynter, conceded one whilst on, none after he went off

Peterborough - 70th minute for Harewood, conceded two whilst on, one after he went off

Southampton - 84th minute for Baldock, conceded two whilst on (one a minute before he went off), none afterwards

Colchester - 55th minute for Harewood, conceded one whilst on, none after he went off
Port Vale - 78th minute for Elliott, none conceded whilst on, one conceded after he went off
Brentford - 81st minute for Harewood, conceded one whilst on, one conceded after he went off
Carlisle - 78th minute for Bryan, conceded one whilst on, conceded one whilst off
Oldham - 62nd minute for Bryan, conceded none whilst on, conceded one whilst off

We've conceded five goals in 10 matches after Reid has been substituted.

I too didn't think Reid needed subbing, he looked lively and interested and very unlucky not to score a great goal. Yes, I understand our young players need looking after but the change just invited Oldham to continue to pressure us. I haven't checked their corner count but I bet it's double ours, never mind all the free kick and throw in's we give them.

Agree with you 100% Em. He's been our best player all season, and it always goes to ratshit, unless he's playing.

As for the likes of Elliott...less said the better...

Yesterday was a classic case of why Reid should indeeed has to stay on, and why Elliott should never ever wear a City shirt again...

Archived