IGNORED

Sean O'dismal Vs Lee Johnson

fka dagest

No, it's not arm wrestling.

Having watched the two sides today and noticed the way in which Oldham completely outplayed for most of the game I could be forgiven for thinking Lee Johnson had been at Oldham years.

Yet, he's been at Oldham for less time than O'Driscoll has with us.  

So, why despite SOD being such a top coach (Arsene Wenger, Platini and Spudski said this), can Lee Johnson set up his side to play so much better football than us?

Oldham played the ball around very well, retained the possession and has a team, which for most part, were very comfortable on the ball.  They have a system, looked organised and played with real hunger and passion.  I was really struck by their desire to win in the last 20 mins.  Any neutral attending today would have thought Oldham were the home team.

I want to know why O'Driscoll, after 10 months, still hasn't imposed a system on the team and why we still lump it forward continually. Why do we still concede late goals?  Why can't we keep a clean sheet?  Why is there no progress?

SOD has achieved nothing on the pitch in 10 months.  We're as bad, if not worse, as when he took over.

Couldn't you just add this to the other Lee Johnson love thread?

I could have, but rather than simply applaud Lee Johnson, I wanted to make the direct comparison.  Why do you think Lee Johnson, in less time than SOD, has got his team playing in the system that he has?  What's SOD been doing?  Does he even have a plan or system?

Can't imagine there will ever be a "rousing half-time team talk" with O'Dismal in charge.

So'D " Well done lads, keep playing the same way and it'll come"

"But boss it's 0-0 and we're at home"

So'D " Keep playing the same way and it'll come"

"But boss, half of the crowd have left and the other half are booing"

So'D " Keep playing the same way and it'll come"

" Boss, Steve Lansdown is coming to watch on Tuesday"

So'D "OK , we'd better try something completely different, cos this ain't working"

Cant we just merge all these together? gets rather tedious.

Oh and O'Dismal is utter genius, how original just like McWinless....

Come on let's not tarnish it as just another 'hate thread'.  I'm concerned about another impending relegation while so many bury their heads in the sand.  Why not answer the question?  Is it because it contains an uncomfortable truth?

Come on let's not tarnish it as just another 'hate thread'.  I'm concerned about another impending relegation while so many bury their heads in the sand.  Why not answer the question?  Is it because it contains an uncomfortable truth?

14 games in and an impending relegation??

Can you tell me the lottery results please...

No, it's not arm wrestling.

Having watched the two sides today and noticed the way in which Oldham completely outplayed for most of the game I could be forgiven for thinking Lee Johnson had been at Oldham years.

Yet, he's been at Oldham for less time than O'Driscoll has with us.  

So, why despite SOD being such a top coach (Arsene Wenger, Platini and Spudski said this), can Lee Johnson set up his side to play so much better football than us?

Oldham played the ball around very well, retained the possession and has a team, which for most part, were very comfortable on the ball.  They have a system, looked organised and played with real hunger and passion.  I was really struck by their desire to win in the last 20 mins.  Any neutral attending today would have thought Oldham were the home team.

I want to know why O'Driscoll, after 10 months, still hasn't imposed a system on the team and why we still lump it forward continually. Why do we still concede late goals?  Why can't we keep a clean sheet?  Why is there no progress?

SOD has achieved nothing on the pitch in 10 months.  We're as bad, if not worse, as when he took over.

LJ has been there longer, but he also has a more settled team which hasn't needed a total rebuild,

LJ has also been given a chance by fans as opposed to having players in his squad that are unpickable due to fans reactions when they are on the pitch.

Relegation on the back of relegation form? - hardly lottery territory.

Why do you think Lee Johnson has set his team up in a system, playing nice football, in a shorter time than SOD?

No reason why SO'D cant turn it around, 32 games to go and all that.. and its not like we are hopelessly cut off at the bottom.

Would say for LJ hasn't had to completely overhaul the squad and as a more settled squad at his disposal.

LJ has also been given a chance by fans as opposed to having players in his squad that are unpickable due to fans reactions when they are on the pitch.

So are you saying you'd like to see Fontaine and Kilkenny back in the side?!

Fontaine has been shocking for over two seasons and Kilkenny's good games for city could be counted on the fingers of the proverbial leper in a wind-tunnel.

Picking either would be contrary to "the five pillars", not to say commonsense.

To blame the crowd for the on-field performances is like blaming the rocks for the Costa Concordia!

No reason why SO'D cant turn it around, 32 games to go and all that.. and its not like we are hopelessly cut off at the bottom.

Would say for LJ hasn't had to completely overhaul the squad and as a more settled squad at his disposal.

12 more games than we had last season when he arrived and made us fight for survival? We all know how quickly these games run down.

I'm not in the SoD out camp, but we can't keep saying x amount of games to go to get it right. We need to get it right by Tuesday otherwise we will find ourselves turning the new year in a battle again.

Archived