IGNORED

Sean O'Driscoll Now Is The Time......

numbeast

To forget what the fans think or how they react and do things the way YOU think they should be done without fear of criticism. This is your squad playing for you, I heard today someone saying Niel Killkenny isn't being picked because of the reaction from the crowd, but if he is the answer to your problems in a given situation you must pick him. Every football fan, me included, think we can see things our club manager has missed  but our livelihood do not depend on those choices, yours does. In interviews of late you keep referring to how the fans will react given a hypothetical situation justifying changing or not changing things what ever the case may be. Don't get me wrong I like the idea that the manager cares what we, the paying, public think. But to base team selection on that boarders on the suicidal. City fans are not that different to other clubs fans with maybe one difference, we wonder how other smaller towns and cities can produce a team who can get to and remain in the Premier League. But that is an ongoing thing stretching back to 1980. And for every vocal critic there is 10 fans who understand the situation your in and accept the 5 pillars strategy of the club to a greater or lesser degree. Add to this the fact that we the fans understand football from playing the game at a much lower standard or just as spectators. That isn't to say we know nothing but you as a former league player and a qualified coach with years of experience have a far greater knowledge than the average fan. 

Us fans should also be aware when we rip into the manager, board or players we do not have the skills talent or financial clout to replace them. The club has, at long last woke up to the fact we have been poorly run in the past and as a result we have huge debts albeit owed to the owner and as such to the person ultimately responsible for those debts. By sorting things out now hopefully we can avoid the scenario that occurred after Harry Dolman and our short flirtation with the top flight. This is, I'm sure, the main reason Sean O'Driscoll was appointed.

We are laying the foundations for the future of our club, a self sustaining future and one we can have a pride in. Watching young emerging talent from our Academy and from other clubs youth set ups who we can pick up at bargain prices. Not since the infamous day in February 1982 has the club undertook such a overhaul of its squad. Back then we were only too happy to have a club and hence accepted the austerity measures imposed on the club. We need to accept those measures and the fact that we aren't going to transform over night over a few weeks or months but over a season or 2 we will see the fruits of these foundations. We just need to keep the faith.Bristol City isn't the ground or the club structure it is us the fans that venture to Ashton Gate and further afield that are Bristol City. Steve Lansdown will go as will Sean O'Driscoll and all the players, they are like a river continuously flowing by us. We only hope that those custodian leave our club in the same way or better than when they took over. We have our part to play and that is supporting the team (and a little moaning and groaning mixed in with criticism justified or not of course, we're fans and that's what we do  :yes: ) and as Adriano Basso once said "Always Believe"

Archived