IGNORED

Shorey

westonred

How poor was Nicky Shorey yesterday !! It was by far his worst game for us. He constantly lost the ball, got beaten by their wide men, got a silly booking  was misplacing his passes (one nearly cost a goal) he also looked totally uninterested and looked like he didnt want to be out there. I think its time he was dropped and bring back Cunningham and hope he shows the form of when we first signed him

I agree with most of your post, however, i think we may start to see this sort of thing from some of our other players.

There is a reason why players start to look uninterested, and that normally arises when they give up on the manger.

I hope im incorrect but right now that is the last thing we need, I bought into the "it will take a while (transition) " stuff but im losing patience now, and am no longer seeing any kind of improvement in fact im seeing it get worse

God how bad must Carlise have been ? 

Cheers

Mark

Considering he was a regular Premier League player and did put on an england shirt i have expected a bit more quality from him.

Unfortunately one of these players that appears happy to just go through the motions at the moment.

Makes you wonder how he got through the new scouting and recruitment process...

I thought the defence did quite well considering the performance of our midfield. If you going to single out Shorey, then what about Pack and Wagstaff? No wonder we're at the bottom of the table when we've got player like that in the team. Yes that's where we are, the bottom of the table! And do you know who's fault it is, the left back ?

Yea, that what it is, we need a new left back !

I thought the defence did quite well considering the performance of our midfield. If you going to single out Shorey, then what about Pack and Wagstaff? No wonder we're at the bottom of the table when we've got player like that in the team. Yes that's where we are, the bottom of the table! And do you know who's fault it is, the left back ?

Yea, that what it is, we need a new left back !

Harsh on Wagstaff thought he put in a real shift defensively yesterday.

After Shorey's first game I thought, he looks like a player.

However, progressively he has got worse and worse and worse until we come to yesterday's game.  He was awful.  He also looks like he's been putting on weight.  His idea of closing down could be measured in minutes....

Why do we take half decent players and make them worse?

PS Is he on loan or a full signing?

After Shorey's first game I thought, he looks like a player.

However, progressively he has got worse and worse and worse until we come to yesterday's game.  He was awful.  He also looks like he's been putting on weight.  His idea of closing down could be measured in minutes....

Why do we take half decent players and make them worse?

PS Is he on loan or a full signing?

Just like the team on a whole then. The worrying thing is that it is too similar to last season, started well and played some good footy at times, just not getting the rub of the green. On the last few games ive seen (crewe away was terrible too) we have given up on that and are just hoofing it aimlessly. If Oldham can play football with their budget there is no reason why we cant, I don't expect us to be easily beating these teams but at least competing with them! Tuesday is a last chance saloon for SOD imho.

As for shorey he was just as bad as most of the players last night, gave the ball away far too much, but like others have said there was a complete lack of protection from the midfielders that didn't help his cause.

Archived