IGNORED

Subs Or Not To Sub.

Roadrunner

Is it just me but it seems every time we are playing well, leading by a single goal or drawing. SOD wants to be clever and sends on a sub, especially with 10-15 to go.Then we all not what happens, yes we concede, and all the WTF messages appear.

Please SOD, just leave well alone. You do not have to send on a sub, we wont think any less of you.

Just how many points have we lost in the last 15 mins, after we have sent on a sub, and unbalanced the team. 

But yesterday we were being completely overrun in the second half, whether he made the right change in who he took off is debatable (though I saw enough in Gillett in those 15-20 minutes to say he'll definitely improve us) but if he'd changed nothing it was just as likely they'd have equalised.

I didn't understand the subs either yesterday, and not or the first time. I would have left Reid on even though I do understand the importance of protecting young players and we do have a game on Tuesday. The sub I really didn't understand was Gillet for Taylor. Fair enough he wanted to put Gillet on and Taylor has been out for months injured so would tire, but that left us even more punch less upfront and soon after we were forced to make another sub to try to again take the lead. If he wanted to take Reid off then could Gillet have gone on then, if he needed to sub Taylor then Harewood would be my choice. If it was totally up to me I would have only subbed Pack or Elliott for Gillet, maybe Taylor for Harewood later if I felt I needed to.

I must admit I dislike the chopping and changing with subs. Tactically we were OK yesterday, there was no need to mix it up and upset the rhythm. If Reid was tiring, then it would have made sense to swap him for some shavin' equipment. If Taylor was tiring then swap him for Harewood etc.

I thought the head coach got his substitutions spot on last night! Well done, SOD! Even taking off a defender (Maloney) at 1:0 up. Blimey, how's that for Billy Bold Baldocks?! And Hardwood did I fine job, keeping the ball in the corner. And every time SOD brings Flinty off the bench, we win! Brilliant! It's all coming together. Well done, Sean!

Archived