IGNORED

You Fed Up As Well?

frenchred

Having lived abroad for over 10 years and supported from afar not believing how anyone could fall out of love with our club, I have!

I moved back to Bristol 3 years ago, season ticket blah blah blah with my 3 boys, couldn't wait!

Dont go very often now! And my boys aged 17, 17 and 15 dont go at all!

The way the club is run?

Chairman? wouldn't know him if I bumped into him in the street!

Board? Clueless kid given it as a plaything, fan yes, business acumen nothing

Steve Lansdown? Dont know his official title but obviously lost ineterest

Fans liaison? dont really know how to put it, probably just a whipping boy paid by the club to take the crap others cant be bothered to put up with (happy to discuss this though Dave)

Players? overpaid, underworked prima donna's I live by most of them and to be honest I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire absolutley no commitment to the cause

Manager? Only showing a minimal amount of respect to the fans now his job is on the line

This club needs a whole new broom, from top (SL) to bottom, it needs people in charge who want to be  there, care for the club apprecaite what it used to be 

At the moment I have no inclination to attend a match, and believe me I have followed this club through Thick and (mainly) thin this must change, yes all you superfans will say go away, but if we all went away there would be no club! I'm not on my own in this! someone needs to reach out and touch us!

Having lived abroad for over 10 years and supported from afar not believing how anyone could fall out of love with our club, I have!

I moved back to Bristol 3 years ago, season ticket blah blah blah with my 3 boys, couldn't wait!

Dont go very often now! And my boys aged 17, 17 and 15 dont go at all!

The way the club is run?

Chairman? wouldn't know him if I bumped into him in the street!

Board? Clueless kid given it as a plaything, fan yes, business acumen nothing

Steve Lansdown? Dont know his official title but obviously lost ineterest

Fans liaison? dont really know how to put it, probably just a whipping boy paid by the club to take the crap others cant be bothered to put up with (happy to discuss this though Dave)

Players? overpaid, underworked prima donna's I live by most of them and to be honest I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire absolutley no commitment to the cause

Manager? Only showing a minimal amount of respect to the fans now his job is on the line

This club needs a whole new broom, from top (SL) to bottom, it needs people in charge who want to be  there, care for the club apprecaite what it used to be 

At the moment I have no inclination to attend a match, and believe me I have followed this club through Thick and (mainly) thin this must change, yes all you superfans will say go away, but if we all went away there would be no club! I'm not on my own in this! someone needs to reach out and touch us!

It's okay to let rip, sir! We're all getting a little exasperated.

"You wouldn't ... on them if they were on fire" you say? Well, don't be too hard on the players - they are trying, there is effort. Ultimate responsibility has to lie higher up the 'chain of command.' Let's just hope sometime soon the team are "on fire" and you will have to decide whether to ... well, let's just pray they catch fire soon

I can well understand most of the sentiments expressed in the OP - up to a point - as I think we all feel a bit that way, at least some of the time, but the attack on the commitment of the players is well over the top.

If someone had said this about certain members of the squad we had here last season, I'd have agreed wholeheartedly. (In fact, many people did say just that at the time.) The situation now is different. Many are new to the club and each other; a lot of them are young, developing players, some in their first full season of senior football. They make mistakes and, as always with young players, they are inconsistent, finding it difficult to maintain their level of performance, not just from game to game, but even within games, which is why we've often seen 45 minutes of very good football followed by a half of scrappy, error-strewn play (or vice-versa) leading to defeats that have at times felt undeserved and hard to take.

What I haven't witnessed in the games I've seen is any drop in the the level of effort. They are trying really hard and for that reason, for all their shortcomings, they deserve our backing. Slagging them off publicly is not merited and helps nobody. Have a go at the people running the club, by all means: I don't think it would be possible to over-critical of some of the things thast have gone on here in recent years, but lay off these kids. Like it or not, they are the future of this club and their development will not be aided by taking your frustration (which we all share) out on the players.

You've had the misfortune to return to Bristol at a bad time to be a City fan, but some of us have been around throughout the decade and more that you've been elsewhere and can still find it within ourselves to support the team. You're ready to throw in the towel after three years back. It may have been a rough three years, but even so, you're either a supporter or you're not.

I can well understand most of the sentiments expressed in the OP - up to a point - as I think we all feel a bit that way, at least some of the time, but the attack on the commitment of the players is well over the top.

If someone had said this about certain members of the squad we had here last season, I'd have agreed wholeheartedly. (In fact, many people did say just that at the time.) The situation now is different. Many are new to the club and each other; a lot of them are young, developing players, some in their first full season of senior football. They make mistakes and, as always with young players, they are inconsistent, finding it difficult to maintain their level of performance, not just from game to game, but even within games, which is why we've often seen 45 minutes of very good football followed by a half of scrappy, error-strewn play (or vice-versa) leading to defeats that have at times felt undeserved and hard to take.

What I haven't witnessed in the games I've seen is any drop in the the level of effort. They are trying really hard and for that reason, for all their shortcomings, they deserve our backing. Slagging them off publicly is not merited and helps nobody. Have a go at the people running the club, by all means: I don't think it would be possible to over-critical of some of the things thast have gone on here in recent years, but lay off these kids. Like it or not, they are the future of this club and their development will not be aided by taking your frustration (which we all share) out on the players.

You've had the misfortune to return to Bristol at a bad time to be a City fan, but some of us have been around throughout the decade and more that you've been elsewhere and can still find it within ourselves to support the team. You're ready to throw in the towel after three years back. It may have been a rough three years, but even so, you're either a supporter or you're not.

Well said, CC. supporting City is for life - not just for Bonfire Night!

When it comes, success is all the sweeter, after all the hard times. It doesn't get a lot harder than now, but we will be back to our "rightful place" (and I'd put that as mid- to top half of the Championship), one day!

Totally agree with Clifton, even on Saturday, we were rubbish but you couldn't fault the effort, they defending for their lives and in a game we should have lost we gained a point, if they're not good enough then that's how it is, hopefully we can make some signings in January, our midfield is certainly not good enough.

Totally agree with Clifton, even on Saturday, we were rubbish but you couldn't fault the effort, they defending for their lives and in a game we should have lost we gained a point, if they're not good enough then that's how it is, hopefully we can make some signings in January, our midfield is certainly not good enough.

I with Swindon8er. I'm not fed up. I can remember many a CIty performance where the players were an embarrassment to the club. Remember when Johnson Millen and Tinnion lost their sides and how a bunch of pro's on the pitch could simply not be arsed? I really like this bunch of players. 

I'm not sure whether they just don't understand the way S'OD is asking them to play or whether S'OD is too inflexible to change things. Probably the latter.

What I have noticed is that I'm drinking more cider before a game. One or two pints used to suffice, now it's 3 or 4 in the same time frame.

Terrific post Cliff and I wholeheartedly agree. Well said.

Archived