IGNORED

Ffp And The Real Restrictions

Rich

Forgive me for being naieve but, if you want to get around FFP regarding players earnings, why don't the players get a second job? They could be employed by a different company, say Bristol Sport Limited, as consultants, coaches or community workers anything that means their wages are increased from that of a low paid footballer. I'm sure there are ways around this and that other clubs will be doing their level best to gain an advantage on their rivals, just as there will be others claiming that there are hard times ahead and we have to comply with the governing bodies new rules.

Shoot me down if you want but, we seemed to be the only club trying to implement those rules while limply getting relegated. There is nothing stopping somebody being employed in another job, that I know of, unless it states so in their contract of employment. 

I believe that the club has been using this as a excuse for a couple of seasons, last season we were told that we couldn't do this that or the other because of ffp I wondered why we appeared to be the only championship club taking a blind bit of notice of it _ then it turned out that GDP didn't apply in the championship last season !also ffp or the lge 1 equivalent didn't seem to stop Bournemouth spending a hell of a lot on wages last season !

I believe that the club has been using this as a excuse for a couple of seasons, last season we were told that we couldn't do this that or the other because of ffp I wondered why we appeared to be the only championship club taking a blind bit of notice of it _ then it turned out that GDP didn't apply in the championship last season !also ffp or the lge 1 equivalent didn't seem to stop Bournemouth spending a hell of a lot on wages last season !

I  think they definately used it when negotiating the wages of prosective new players, that's why we lost out on so many central defenders, which might have helped keep us up.

Why would we want to "get around" the rules??

Part of the reason we are where we are is because of careless spending beyond our means.

Every club has signed up to the rules and will have to abide by them, the FA have already said they will be wise to clubs trying to fiddle the books.

The future for a club like ours is to build a sustainable future based on youth development.

Why would we want to "get around" the rules??

Part of the reason we are where we are is because of careless spending beyond our means.

Every club has signed up to the rules and will have to abide by them, the FA have already said they will be wise to clubs trying to fiddle the books.

The future for a club like ours is to build a sustainable future based on youth development.

I don't think what i have suggested is fiddling the books, it's just a way that some clubs, the more ambitious ones, could and most likely would intice better/more players to their club. That policy might not work in some cases, but usually gives them an advantage over others, we've already suffered relegation and a poor start to this season while others don't seem to be embracing ffp and prospering for that policy. I believe it's a tool currently being used to lower players wages, which is no bad thing but, as long as there are people willing to invest in football clubs there will always be financial inducments to gain success.

Forgive me for being naieve but, if you want to get around FFP regarding players earnings, why don't the players get a second job? They could be employed by a different company, say Bristol Sport Limited, as consultants, coaches or community workers anything that means their wages are increased from that of a low paid footballer. I'm sure there are ways around this and that other clubs will be doing their level best to gain an advantage on their rivals, just as there will be others claiming that there are hard times ahead and we have to comply with the governing bodies new rules.

Shoot me down if you want but, we seemed to be the only club trying to implement those rules while limply getting relegated. There is nothing stopping somebody being employed in another job, that I know of, unless it states so in their contract of employment. 

Not that I'm an expert on these things but am fairly sure this would be against the rules. Seem to remember the whole problem with Tevez at West Ham was that he wasn't employed by, or loaned to, West Ham, but instead was 'owned' by an intermediary. League rules at the time expressly forbade the practice, although it is, I believe , widespread on the continent,

Not that I'm an expert on these things but am fairly sure this would be against the rules. Seem to remember the whole problem with Tevez at West Ham was that he wasn't employed by, or loaned to, West Ham, but instead was 'owned' by an intermediary. League rules at the time expressly forbade the practice, although it is, I believe , widespread on the continent,

I'm sure there can't be any rules which would stop a player earning extra money from whatever source, that would be an infringement on their rights, somewhat similar to the bosman ruling. I'm sure there are players who top up their earnings with guest appearances, sponsorship deals or whatever. What would or who would stop them from increasing their earnings with a part time job. Speaking to someone tonight about this subject, he reminded me that it used to go on when there was a wage cap, the reality is that clubs will be doing this to reintroduce a wage cap but, under a different title.

Archived