IGNORED

This Is It For Me

Go Junior GO

The players have to stand up and be counted tonight, whoever plays its there responsibility to throw themselves in front of every shot, take people on, shoot and score

People moan about SOD but come on players its your turn

Get behind the team

Support from the Kick off to the end

Come On City!

In other news, game will probs be off due to rain!

Tonight will decide my future attendance.

I drive from London for these games. I leave work at 4, I get home at midnight.

I could watch local teams like Chelsea and Fulham which are 20 mins away.

To be treated to the dross that is being served up lately, I won't do it much more.

To be treated to the dross that is being served up lately, I won't do it much more.

With respect you knew what you were getting yourself in for when you started supporting city.

We're shit. We've always been shit and we will most likely always be shit.

Still, nowt in the world gonna stop me going whenever I physically can!

I used to live and work in Barnet and did the heavy travelling for more than 20 years - rarely missing a game. It is not too bad if you can find a bunch of good mates to share the driving and provide good banter. I miss those times and now, living in Taunton, drive to games by myself. It is not the same. In spite of the really bad spells when City are dire, there are always the good times to come - so keep the faith and keep on coming!

The players have to stand up and be counted tonight, whoever plays its there responsibility to throw themselves in front of every shot, take people on, shoot and score

Get behind the team

Come On City!

ehhh? forecast says it will be mostly sunny all day

With respect you knew what you were getting yourself in for when you started supporting city.

We're shit. We've always been shit and we will most likely always be shit.

Still, nowt in the world gonna stop me going whenever I physically can!

This. If you're not used to it by now then you are deluded. My 10 year old daughter asked me for a new shirt not so long back, I don't know whether I'll bother. This is my stigma, not hers!

Get behind the team

Come On City!

Rain not due today until midnight!

This. If you're not used to it by now then you are deluded. My 10 year old daughter asked me for a new shirt not so long back, I don't know whether I'll bother. This is my stigma, not hers!

You still should. I go with my dad, always have and I'd imagine that I always will.

When we lose it's him to blame, he's the worst dad in the world for putting me through all this pain.

When we win he's the best dad for bringing that incomparible feeling of joy when we score or when we win.

As much as the pain is much more frequent than then the pleasure, the pleasure is magnified by it. By being so shit it makes the good times even better, even sweeter in the mouth.

Keep her coming Woodsy mate, with every defeat I'm still glad that I don't support a team I couldn't see week after week.

We're all used to it mate, it doesn't make it any easier to stomach though.

I wish I could be like some on here mind. Coming over all positive on here, publicly backing the manager, then not turning up to the match on a Saturday!

Unfortunately, I'm there watching, and getting very little enjoyment for my money. Still, it's in the blood, innit?!!

I can't blame you. Contrary to what other posters are saying about sticking together through thick and thin sometimes if things are making a you that unhappy perhaps you need a break. Take time to do other things, go to other matches etc. if things are really meant to be you will be back if you miss the club. Maybe we will be doing better, maybe not but after stepping back a bit and taking out the extra travelling time and having a rest you will have a clearer picture.

It doesn't make you any less of a fan by the way.

I can't blame you. Contrary to what other posters are saying about sticking together through thick and thin sometimes if things are making a you that unhappy perhaps you need a break. Take time to do other things, go to other matches etc. if things are really meant to be you will be back if you miss the club. Maybe we will be doing better, maybe not but after stepping back a bit and taking out the extra travelling time and having a rest you will have a clearer picture.

It doesn't make you any less of a fan by the way.

I agree, and admire those who keep going to the games. I can't attend regularly as I live in London and can't afford regular trips to the footy at the moment. That said, I have very little desire to go and really don't regret not attending so far this season. I used to go all the time, including when we were on that 9-game losing streak under Johnson (I was at Chesterfield away when we lost 3-0 and the home game where we lost 4-2 and the whole ground started singing City Til I Die - I'm no fair-weather supporter!).

I am completely sick of it at the moment, though, and just feel angry every time I think about City. I've never been inspired by O'Driscoll and I'm even less inspired by the people running the club. The experiences of the past 3 years have been so disheartening - players who couldn't give a damn (last season particularly), a board who don't know what they are doing, an owner who isn't interested, a manager who dampens expectations to the point of it being insulting... I could go on. I'd love tonight to be the turning point but I don't expect to be at a game for a while yet unless there's some sign of progress. It just seems to be getting worse and worse, and if I could walk away from City altogether I would - it's in my blood, though, so that will never happen!

We're all used to it mate, it doesn't make it any easier to stomach though.

I wish I could be like some on here mind. Coming over all positive on here, publicly backing the manager, then not turning up to the match on a Saturday!

Unfortunately, I'm there watching, and getting very little enjoyment for my money. Still, it's in the blood, innit?!!

If it's any consolation, I get enjoyment from you guys around me. If you guys weren't around it'd be soul destroying

On a side note. I'll try to sit in the right row tonight :-)

You still should. I go with my dad, always have and I'd imagine that I always will.

When we lose it's him to blame, he's the worst dad in the world for putting me through all this pain.

When we win he's the best dad for bringing that incomparible feeling of joy when we score or when we win.

As much as the pain is much more frequent than then the pleasure, the pleasure is magnified by it. By being so shit it makes the good times even better, even sweeter in the mouth.

Keep her coming Woodsy mate, with every defeat I'm still glad that I don't support a team I couldn't see week after week.

Totally agree- Its character building!

It sounds daft but I think I would find it boring if we won every week!.......

(Having said that I would settle for a season of mid-table obscurity at the moment)

Totally agree- Its character building!

It sounds daft but I think I would find it boring if we won every week!.......

(Having said that I would settle for a season of mid-table obscurity at the moment)

So would I! But one win every month or so would be nice!  ;)

Fair comments all, and bizarrely I can see everyone's point... (I should be a politician).

I guess where I sit is this.

I support this club. I didn't really have a choice, when you come from a line of father, grandfather all supported the club - then that's how it is.

I could have supported Rovers I guess - though I am not sure how that would have played out. My cousin's boyfriend goes down the Rovers, he is tolerated but I am still not quite sure it's ever sat well with my old man and uncles...

Anyway, the local sides for me workwise are Chelsea and Fulham and living-wise is Reading.

All 3 clubs we would agree are stratosphere's better than City.

I could go and watch a far better standard of football for 1/10th of the journey time.

BUT I would have very little buy-in.

For example next month we have our big boss coming to town and we have a box at the Emirates to watch Arsenal v Hull. I am going to enjoy the football and the experience - I mean how can people not enjoy and marvel at the football Arsenal play - but I won't really give a monkeys who wins, though I'd like to see Hull turn them over...

For me its about the effort and the care-factor.

I have watched City in all divisions, I travel from Henley (or from work) pick up the old man in Downend and we go down and watch them. I don't care too much what the division, I just want to see them trying and playing half decent football.

Right now, it's fking rubbish. It's long ball crap with little to no idea about how to play going forward and we are getting shown up by the likes of Oldham Athletic.

If they try, if the football is half decent, I'll take wins, losses and draws. Right now we aren't getting that.

I take the highs and the lows as long as we put in 100% and try to play football the right way. I don't think we are getting that right now and we certainly didn't get it last year.

Being a City fan is about the highs and lows no doubt.

In our office we've got fans of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. I don't begrudge these guys actually because they're genuine and do follow their local side, the Arsenal and Spurs guys are North London lads and the Chelsea guys - well one of them remembers coming to Ashton Gate and seeing them get beat 3-1 with goals from Robbie Turner ("Proper Chelsea" you might say).

But to they really know what its like to enjoy going up to the Championship after failing so much?
Spurs seem to celebrate the odd League Cup win and finishing 4th? They wouldn't even know what a relegation felt like.

Probably the only guys in our office who know how it is is the fella in the warehouse who supports Brentford (they are 5th by the way...) and the security bloke who is as hard as nails and supports Sunderland.

I'm not sure I could go and watch anyone else and care. I'd see much better football - but I can switch on the TV and watch Real v Barca for that.

All I ask is we play football the way it should be played and we care - Oldham did, we didn't seem to want it as much. If I get that, then I'll keep coming down the M4....

I don't think the fans get on the players backs if we concede early.

I think the example of the last few weeks when we've gone behind and in small periods look like we're having a go, the crowd get behind them.

I think the crowd become frustrated at the midfield - back to defence - lump it long - straight to opposition, which seems to happen for 9/10ths of our posession.

• Admin

I don't think the fans get on the players backs if we concede early.

I think the example of the last few weeks when we've gone behind and in small periods look like we're having a go, the crowd get behind them.

I think the crowd become frustrated at the midfield - back to defence - lump it long - straight to opposition, which seems to happen for 9/10ths of our posession.

I agree with you on this, compared with crowds at AG8 10/15 years ago the support is very supportive.

Teams of old would have been anihilated by the home fans by now

Booing is still a massive minority!

Get behind the team

Come On City!

Not been here before have we :grr:

Fair comments all, and bizarrely I can see everyone's point... (I should be a politician).

I guess where I sit is this.

I support this club. I didn't really have a choice, when you come from a line of father, grandfather all supported the club - then that's how it is.

I could have supported Rovers I guess - though I am not sure how that would have played out. My cousin's boyfriend goes down the Rovers, he is tolerated but I am still not quite sure it's ever sat well with my old man and uncles...

Anyway, the local sides for me workwise are Chelsea and Fulham and living-wise is Reading.

All 3 clubs we would agree are stratosphere's better than City.

I could go and watch a far better standard of football for 1/10th of the journey time.

BUT I would have very little buy-in.

For example next month we have our big boss coming to town and we have a box at the Emirates to watch Arsenal v Hull. I am going to enjoy the football and the experience - I mean how can people not enjoy and marvel at the football Arsenal play - but I won't really give a monkeys who wins, though I'd like to see Hull turn them over...

For me its about the effort and the care-factor.

I have watched City in all divisions, I travel from Henley (or from work) pick up the old man in Downend and we go down and watch them. I don't care too much what the division, I just want to see them trying and playing half decent football.

Right now, it's fking rubbish. It's long ball crap with little to no idea about how to play going forward and we are getting shown up by the likes of Oldham Athletic.

If they try, if the football is half decent, I'll take wins, losses and draws. Right now we aren't getting that.

I take the highs and the lows as long as we put in 100% and try to play football the right way. I don't think we are getting that right now and we certainly didn't get it last year.

Being a City fan is about the highs and lows no doubt.

In our office we've got fans of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. I don't begrudge these guys actually because they're genuine and do follow their local side, the Arsenal and Spurs guys are North London lads and the Chelsea guys - well one of them remembers coming to Ashton Gate and seeing them get beat 3-1 with goals from Robbie Turner ("Proper Chelsea" you might say).

But to they really know what its like to enjoy going up to the Championship after failing so much?

Spurs seem to celebrate the odd League Cup win and finishing 4th? They wouldn't even know what a relegation felt like.

Probably the only guys in our office who know how it is is the fella in the warehouse who supports Brentford (they are 5th by the way...) and the security bloke who is as hard as nails and supports Sunderland.

I'm not sure I could go and watch anyone else and care. I'd see much better football - but I can switch on the TV and watch Real v Barca for that.

All I ask is we play football the way it should be played and we care - Oldham did, we didn't seem to want it as much. If I get that, then I'll keep coming down the M4....

Really good post. Hopefully tonight is an improvement on the Oldham game, which I was completely alone in thinking wasn't that bad.

Usually id have the buzz by now, but to be honest I am struggling to be arsed to go. I will, and I'll love it when i see the gate and chat shite with my dad... But I (one of the named happy clappers) do get what many are saying.

It needs to be a big performance tonight.

Much like JT my old man is responsible for me going to City. He took me a few times when I was 7 and I was hooked. He got me involved but ultimately it was my choice to take it on from there. He never once tried to encourage me to support. I can honestly say I wouldn't have it any other way. I go to the games with him now and it's brilliant. We talk all things football and City of course.

As JT and others have said, the bad times make the good times so much sweeter. I still dream of going to watch City in the premiership with my old man. It's never going to happen but that's what it's all about.

I know people who support the likes of United, Spurs, Chelsea etc and some haven't even been to watch a live game of the club they claim to support! I just couldn't ever be one of those people and I am glad I support City, believe it or not!!!!

Archived