IGNORED

3 Points And Dire!

Prestbury c of c

On the second half the performance was excellent and there were signs of it in the first. I honestly can't make up my mind whether it's people who know f all about football or people who want us to fail.

It's 74% the first one, and 22% the second.

The other 4% are just idiots.

On the second half the performance was excellent and there were signs of it in the first. I honestly can't make up my mind whether it's people who know f all about football or people who want us to fail.

Was it hell. Even SOD admitted the football was poor throughout.

We could hardly string a pass together and had to rely on defensive errors. Prior to JET's goal, we had two soft shots on target and two off. Carp statistics.

At least, the Mr Hands-in-Pocket takes a more balanced view of the game than his disciples do.

I honestly thought the first 45 minutes may have been the worst performance by a City team I have seen in 50 years of supporting them.  It was marginally (but only marginally) better after the break and the reaction to the first goal where I was in the Dolman was a combination of disbelief and hysterical laughter.  People say that that should silence the moaners (by which presumably is meant the fans who can see how poorly City are playing).  Why should it?  If we are to progress we have to play well.  We cannot possibly expect to play that badly every week and get three points.  My worry at half time was the the team wasn't just playing badly, it was playing at the top of its capability,  That is, that those eleven players simply weren't capable of playing any better.  That was a pretty depressing thought.

I'm pleased that we have three points, a clean sheet and are out of the relegation zone, of course, but if O'Driscoll is to do what Gary Johnson did he has to get the team to play well, and there was little sign of that last night.  In particular, central midfield is absolutely woeful at the moment.  I hesitate to say it, but out of all the resources we have at our disposal in that area, I would have Elliott and Kilkenny in the central positions.  Gillette was dismal, and Pack continues to achieve very little at all.  Joe Bryan looked scared to death and only Wagstaff seemed to be getting anywhere.

Stoke have made a success of doing just what we did last night. If this relieves the pressure then that's the most important factor surely ...how many times recently have we played well and lost / drawn? 

However SoD teams play football not Hoofball so here's hoping.

we haven't in the last few games :) I wouldn't even call it football more 11 blokes run around disjointed and confused,

Lets hope we build on the victory tho'

Not really, because if we continue to play that badly, we won't win many more, and we'll get relegated.

Understand?

well according to some we were always that bad under some conferenace manager and that won us promotion and got us to a play-off final,

It was poor we won we should be happy, Its how the team build on it is whats important, We can't judge that til after the tramere game or even the Sheffield United game

well according to some we were always that bad under some conferenace manager and that won us promotion and got us to a play-off final,

It was poor we won we should be happy, Its how the team build on it is whats important, We can't judge that til after the tramere game or even the Sheffield United game

I said to my mate at the game I can't remember us ever being this bad, just no idea on the pitch what to do.

Under Tinnion in his first season we actually won a fair few games quite comfortable and finished 7th-9th (cant remember).

Thing is, if we got rid of SOD, the first thing a new manager would do is get the team playing exactly like last night - it'll be messy, tight, scrappy and not many chances.

All SOD has done is produce a style of football to get a result. The guy needs time to bring in those missing players, but until the the January/summer transfer window his hands are tied, so he's relying on loans and makeshift players.

It will happen over time, but unfortunately we've got to put up with the dredges.

We're effectively a very very poor mans Arsenal from a couple of years ago. We've got a young, naive team learning their trade and making mistakes as they go. If we can muddle through the next season or so, we're going to be in a lot stronger position - we just need to hold our nerve and bite our tongues over performances like last night.

I honestly thought the first 45 minutes may have been the worst performance by a City team I have seen in 50 years of supporting them.  It was marginally (but only marginally) better after the break and the reaction to the first goal where I was in the Dolman was a combination of disbelief and hysterical laughter.  People say that that should silence the moaners (by which presumably is meant the fans who can see how poorly City are playing).  Why should it?  If we are to progress we have to play well.  We cannot possibly expect to play that badly every week and get three points.  My worry at half time was the the team wasn't just playing badly, it was playing at the top of its capability,  That is, that those eleven players simply weren't capable of playing any better.  That was a pretty depressing thought.

I'm pleased that we have three points, a clean sheet and are out of the relegation zone, of course, but if O'Driscoll is to do what Gary Johnson did he has to get the team to play well, and there was little sign of that last night.  In particular, central midfield is absolutely woeful at the moment.  I hesitate to say it, but out of all the resources we have at our disposal in that area, I would have Elliott and Kilkenny in the central positions.  Gillette was dismal, and Pack continues to achieve very little at all.  Joe Bryan looked scared to death and only Wagstaff seemed to be getting anywhere.

I thought Joe had a good game last night. Wasn't afraid to put his foot in, put in some nice crosses and scored with a fine finish. Was my choice for MoM, although Osbourne did play very well second half.

First half was dire until the last five minutes when we suddenly sparked into life. This carried over into the second half when I thought we had some good moves with our confidence improving. Throughout though I thought we were tight at the back and didn't look like conceding, we have slowly been improving in this area in the last few games and once So'D thinks this has stabilised we might see some more adventurous play going forward. The new loan centre-back was impressive and it's been a massive improvement since Parish has been in goal.

Wasn't at the game last night so can't comment on performance. However John Salako on Sky said we were excellent second half. Respectfully, is it the case that as we've been largely dross so far this season that we only see the poor bits in a performance, as it reinforces our pre-existing views of how good we think the team is? Really not trying to wind up anybody up, but this can and does happen in other walks of life i.e you see what you want to see.

Have to admit that I felt the standard was terrible throughout the game. Yes results are more important but play like that against more ruthless finishers, we will lose. Often.

We need to play well for more than just 30mins in every game as I can't think of a game this season this has happened (league games)

Wasn't at the game last night so can't comment on performance. However John Salako on Sky said we were excellent second half. Respectfully, is it the case that as we've been largely dross so far this season that we only see the poor bits in a performance, as it reinforces our pre-existing views of how good we think the team is? Really not trying to wind up anybody up, but this can and does happen in other walks of life i.e you see what you want to see.

We certainly were not excellent. I have seen us play much better this season and lose. So it was an excellent result for us, but performance wise we were, um, er, nervously committed I suppose. The players were putting the effort in but just didn't really know what to do. They were getting the ball and hurriedly getting rid if it mostly, although there were a few glimmers of hope when they did think, look and pass to each other. They would do the hard thing and choose the wrong option and give it away. Many times two players went for the same ball and messed up, lack of communication and understanding, we looked like a team pulled from the crowd who havent met eachother before. a poor advert for league one. Many times not getting even the basics right. You could have taken all the Crawley defenders off and Baldock still wouldn't have scored last night.

So Salako if that is excellent, and you with your greater experience and understanding of the game should know more than me, then our ideas of excellence are poles apart. But of course I am more than happy with the points, now THEY are excellent.

The players don't seem to want to either run with the ball or pass to feet.

They just hurriedly want to get rid of it to either closest man or lump it forward.

I really just don't know why we have got this bad.

Perhaps:

Lack of confidence

Worried to death they will make a mistake

Dreading the moans and groans from the crowd (albeit possibly justified moans and groans)

Dreading abuse from the crows (abuse not justified)

Frightened of losing another game

Perhaps:

Lack of confidence

Worried to death they will make a mistake

Dreading the moans and groans from the crowd (albeit possibly justified moans and groans)

Dreading abuse from the crows (abuse not justified)

Frightened of losing another game

Poor things, they sound like they need a cuddle.

I've got no time for sulking footballers, we need warriors not cowards.

The bloke who had the mod balls for us at running at blokes and putting in a challenge had the crowd behind him as a result.

The fact he was our youngest player on the pitch shows the rest of them up.

The crowd got behind Joe and supported him as a result of what he was doing,

Archived