IGNORED

Is Jets Best Position Cf

sh1t_ref_again

As title - is Jet's best position center forward?

Although he is by far our most potent threat upfront, I am not sure he is a center forward and our problem of not winning games has been to do with not creating and scoring enough chances rather than the odd goal we have conceded by mistakes (these will always happen)

Baldock who I expected to score for fun this season is very isolated and not linking up with Jet and cannot create chances for himself or win/hold the ball up.

So my question is could we play Jet in a free role in midfield behind a front pair of Baldock (or perhaps Joe) and Taylor, the thought of Jet being able to thread through balls or having defenders backing off covering the center forwards which would create space for a shot, I think we would score for fun. He already wanders away from Baldock hence why we have not threat up front and make it too easy for the defenders. 

But for this would to work, how do you construct a midfield and defense behind it, 3 at the back and 4 midfielders in diamond formation?

thoughts

I don't know if I've been watching different games than you mate, but as far as I was aware jet HAS been playing in a free role behind the striker/s, last night he was all over the pitch. He seems to have added a good work ethic to his game lately, if that continues with his quality he wont be here much longer. Outstanding player.

More likely to play 5 at the back with wingbacks and two cm's. Wed be ok for a left sided wing back but i wouldnt fancy maloney on thevright. Wagstaff could potentially play there. Only downside is our wide men could end up lacking support but we would be strong through the centre and effective on the break.

I don't know if I've been watching different games than you mate, but as far as I was aware jet HAS been playing in a free role behind the striker/s, last night he was all over the pitch. He seems to have added a good work ethic to his game lately, if that continues with his quality he wont be here much longer. Outstanding player.

I suppose thats my point, he is playing deep and drifting out to the wings, which is leaving Baldock isolated, therefore if we had 2 playing in front of Jet?

Agree he is making a big effort to work harder

he isn't a striker he isn't a midfielder he doesn't really have a postion,

His best football is a free role and tell him do what you like, thats why he is so frustrating, he wasn't very good for large periods but then makes something out of nothing and comes across as a genius

I suppose thats my point, he is playing deep and drifting out to the wings, which is leaving Baldock isolated, therefore if we had 2 playing in front of Jet?

Agree he is making a big effort to work harder

4-3-1-2

Play JET behind the strikers and Elliot in the middle every game possible. Let the rest of the team compete for places.

I'd even go as far to say play Taylor and Harewood as our two front men. It may be what is needed, to have psychical presence up front.

Only one way to find out, but it's what me and a couple others have all agreed would be a good idea in this league.

If you give him a free role fine. But Sam Baldock cannot then play as a lone striker.

The current structure clearly doesn't work.

Baldock is no threat whatsoever and we end crossing the ball into an empty six yard box.

Happened twice last night on decent balls from Joe Bryan nobody was there.

I would absolutely play 4-3-1-2 with Baldock and Taylor to start off.

You'd need Marv partnering Gillett.

I quite like the sound of that.

Baldock       Taylor

JET

Reid

Elliot            Gillet

Shorey     Williams     Flint     Maloney

Parish

Quite narrow but have creativity and attacking threat through the middle. Then always have the option of bringing in Bryan/Wagstaff for a bit more width. (Obviously competition for places can mean Cunningham, Pack et al can feature).

I'm with you on this bout I think its simpler hes just got fitter as the seasons gone on.

Baldock       Taylor

JET

Reid

Elliot            Gillet

Parish

Quite narrow but have creativity and attacking threat through the middle. Then always have the option of bringing in Bryan/Wagstaff for a bit more width. (Obviously competition for places can mean Cunningham, Pack et al can feature).

Good time to try this formation out against the daggers, though Gillet can't play so waggy in his place for me.

As well as having sublime skills JET appears to have great strength the way he can shield the ball and muscle players off the ball without any hint of a foul.  If he stays then he could be on for 25 goals plus this season and that's without any penalties.   On that note I bet if we did a league table of all 92 clubs and who get the least amount of penalties over the last three seasons then we would be pretty near the top.

As title - is Jet's best position center forward?

Although he is by far our most potent threat upfront, I am not sure he is a center forward and our problem of not winning games has been to do with not creating and scoring enough chances rather than the odd goal we have conceded by mistakes (these will always happen)

Baldock who I expected to score for fun this season is very isolated and not linking up with Jet and cannot create chances for himself or win/hold the ball up.

So my question is could we play Jet in a free role in midfield behind a front pair of Baldock (or perhaps Joe) and Taylor, the thought of Jet being able to thread through balls or having defenders backing off covering the center forwards which would create space for a shot, I think we would score for fun. He already wanders away from Baldock hence why we have not threat up front and make it too easy for the defenders.

But for this would to work, how do you construct a midfield and defense behind it, 3 at the back and 4 midfielders in diamond formation?

thoughts

Pair of baldocks?

Baldock       Taylor

JET

Reid

Elliot            Gillet

Parish

I think thats too narrow, and I'm not sure I'd play JET and Reid essentially competing for the same space. Can we drop a midfielder and play with 3 +2 in defence? ie wingbacks??

Archived