IGNORED

Bristol Trance Scene...

chalky

Anyone who is into trance & progressive there is a new trance event called "transcend" - it's 2nd event will be held at Bijou on whiteladies rd on Friday 22nd November. Free entry. With a 3rd event planned for Pranj's bar corn street on Fri 20th December.

Vaguely recall some posters on here on "music threads" saying they listened to trance. So if like me, you miss having Trance on your doorstep (and having to travel to London) please get behind this. 

Search for "transcend bristol" on facebook...

Yeah a lot of people started with trance and have drifted. Well the Bijou venue can't really comment cause I've not been before. It's opposite dorma - one of those underground clubs. Capacity of 95 so quite small - anyone can hire it out for free and supply there own DJs. So that's what the lads at transcend have done. Not sure what sorts of crowds it attracts but apparently the first trance night there last month was reasonably well attended.

The xmas event )20th Dec) is at the old BSB on corn street - now called Pranj's bar. Much bigger venue and apparently similar to how the BSB used to look like. 

Fair enough, I like the sound of the Bijou place will try and check it out if I have the money. :)

I couldn't find the page on facebook. There is still a lot of good trance out there, I really like the sound that J00F erc are pushing and the likes of Askew, Bryan Kearney etc. Will be good to see a trance night in Bristol as I think the last one I went to was probably at the Syndicate before they changed their booking policy. Although I've been to some good Psy trance nights here. :)

Thank you for the heads up.

Fair enough, I like the sound of the Bijou place will try and check it out if I have the money. :)

I couldn't find the page on facebook. There is still a lot of good trance out there, I really like the sound that J00F erc are pushing and the likes of Askew, Bryan Kearney etc. Will be good to see a trance night in Bristol as I think the last one I went to was probably at the Syndicate before they changed their booking policy. Although I've been to some good Psy trance nights here. :)

Thank you for the heads up.

No worries mate. I saw Askew at "lifeline" in Swindon last month - pretty good but not my specific taste. He was playing pretty hard trance whereas I prefer uplifting/progressive. Turns out Bijou is now closing the day after the Transcend event so it's going to be the closing party aswell! 

Used to go to all the Godskitchen events at Syndies - such a shame they've stopped doing them! Don't think I've seen Kearney or Jon 00 Flemming but I know Kearney has played at Trance Sanctuary in London a couple of times and I'm going to start going to the gigs regularly in the new year so it won't be long before I see him. Add me on facebook "Joe White" and I'll add you to the group and event(s).

I'll be there for that. Will have to email the club to see if I can get a set there. Trance has changed dramatically over the last 10 years. Only Above and Beyond have stayed to their roots and still euphoric. 

You DJ yourself? Quality - if you me or the group on facebook and start talking to Ben Dursley there may be an opportunity for you to DJ at future events! You go to many trance events? I love A&B - my favourite artists, listen to Group Therapy religioulsy  :cool:

You DJ yourself? Quality - if you me or the group on facebook and start talking to Ben Dursley there may be an opportunity for you to DJ at future events! You go to many trance events? I love A&B - my favourite artists, listen to Group Therapy religioulsy  :cool:

Yeah a few bud. Went to AB050 at Ally Pally the other week. Went to the Slinkys Ending last month as well. Scott Bond & Signum were there, great sets!. Went to Brunel Rooms a few weeks ago. Lange was there, Ben Nicky, John Askew also. I do Gatecrasher Birmingham either Boxing Day or NYE normally.

Got tickets also to see Tiesto & Calvin Harris on December 20th. Sold out in about 5 minutes!

Yeah a few bud. Went to AB050 at Ally Pally the other week. Went to the Slinkys Ending last month as well. Scott Bond & Signum were there, great sets!. Went to Brunel Rooms a few weeks ago. Lange was there, Ben Nicky, John Askew also. I do Gatecrasher Birmingham either Boxing Day or NYE normally.

Got tickets also to see Tiesto & Calvin Harris on December 20th. Sold out in about 5 minutes!

You beauty! I was at lifeline too the other week! Going Trance Sanctuary NYE in London - just announced line up as menno de jong and Ali Wilson. Coming transcend then? 

You beauty! I was at lifeline too the other week! Going Trance Sanctuary NYE in London - just announced line up as menno de jong and Ali Wilson. Coming transcend then? 

Yeah hopefully I'll come to transcend mate!

Ben nicky is a city fan

Used to go in the east end

Really? Spoke to him at the door at Brunel Rooms. If I knew this would of had a longer convo.

Anyone recommend some decent trance to get in to. Trying to expand my musical horizons, recently discovered the joys of electro house and glitch hop. Only trance I've ever experienced has been psytrance at tribal frog events.

Trance has changed so much over the last 10 years. Still some really good stuff coming out though. I would advise you to check out the likes of Above & Beyond, Scott Bond, Signum, Lange, Simon Patterson, Armin Van Buuren, Alex Morph, John Askew, Markus Schulz, Judge Jules, Paul Van Dyk etc. So so many it's hard to think of them straight of the top of your head. Gareth Emery is banging live to, oh Orjan Nilsen also!

Anyone recommend some decent trance to get in to. Trying to expand my musical horizons, recently discovered the joys of electro house and glitch hop. Only trance I've ever experienced has been psytrance at tribal frog events.

Start with Above and Beyond's free weekly podcast - a list of previous episodes can be here; http://www.aboveandbeyond.nu/radio/episodes.

What I'm loving recently is Andrew Bayer's set at Ally Pally which Keith_Lemon was at - https://soundcloud.com/andrewbayer/andrew-bayer-group-therapy-050. The track at 18 mins is one of the best I've heard in a while. 

Here's the link to the transcend page https://www.facebook.com/TranscendEvents?fref=ts

I was well in to my trance there were loads of good places that smashed out some amazing stuff I've been lucky and seen all these live Judge Jules, Sasha, Yomanda, Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold and a load more I can't remember. One by one though all the places stopped playing decent trance and there was nowhere local you could listenn to decent trance and it's still like it now. I still listen to a load a trance but if I go out it's to house nights the house secene in Bristol is like what the trance scence used to be like years ago.

One of my all time favourite trance tunes the amount of times I used to be off my tits amazed by this tune every time I heard it haha ******* good times.

I was well in to my trance there were loads of good places that smashed out some amazing stuff I've been lucky and seen all these live Judge Jules, Sasha, Yomanda, Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold and a load more I can't remember. One by one though all the places stopped playing decent trance and there was nowhere local you could listenn to decent trance and it's still like it now. I still listen to a load a trance but if I go out it's to house nights the house secene in Bristol is like what the trance scence used to be like years ago.

One of my all time favourite trance tunes the amount of times I used to be off my tits amazed by this tune every time I heard it haha ******* good times.

I trust you will be attending transcend to help the Bristol scene go back to what it used to be like then?

What a tune by the way - have heard before but not for a long time. I'm sure the guys at transcend would play this one for you if you attended....

I trust you will be attending transcend to help the Bristol scene go back to what it used to be like then?

What a tune by the way - have heard before but not for a long time. I'm sure the guys at transcend would play this one for you if you attended....

Yeah it sounds interesting if I'm not working (I work the doors) then I will defo be at it.

Finally trance is back in Bristol, should be a decent night, small venue, which I always find best!

The Xmas gig sounds decent, but as long as they don't play proper commercial crap like van buurens latest 'hit' then I'll be there!

Yeah small venues can be quality!! I don't think there's much danger in them playing commercial crap judging by some of the mixes from the DJs on their facebook page and group! Maybe some old school classics thrown in such as Blank & Jones - Cream which I can't get enough of since bcfcbs20 posted the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xWKFSrjSbI

A personal favorite of mine! 

What other genres are we all in to?

Trance is my number one genre of course. But also a big big fan of the Hard House! Andy Whitby is a talent a long with the good ol Tidy Boys.

Yeah what a tune - was played at Lifeline the other month! Old tune but still great when played in a club.

Not really into any other genres - comes across tunes from other genres that I like from time to time - such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jre6_FBBc0 - not sure what genre I would class it as....

Yeah what a tune - was played at Lifeline the other month! Old tune but still great when played in a club.

Not really into any other genres - comes across tunes from other genres that I like from time to time - such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jre6_FBBc0 - not sure what genre I would class it as....

Haven't heard that tune in a while Joe. Suppose it's kind of progressive electro.

Archived