IGNORED

There Is Still Something About The Fa Cup.....

Bar BS3

Without doubt, the FA Cup does not quite carry the magic that it did when I was younger, when people would follow the whole competition and Cup final day would be central to the whole weekend in late May, whichever teams were involved.

However, on the eve of this years competition proper, there is still a special feel to it, imo.

Of course, a far from glamorous tie on a cold, wet November day doesn't exactly get the pulse racing, but the potential of progressing, getting into the hat with the "big boys" come Round Three, is still creates a feeling quite unlike any other competition.

COYR - we are due a little cup run and a nice plum tie in round three.

Without doubt, the FA Cup does not quite carry the magic that it did when I was younger, when people would follow the whole competition and Cup final day would be central to the whole weekend in late May, whichever teams were involved.

However, on the eve of this years competition proper, there is still a special feel to it, imo.

Of course, a far from glamorous tie on a cold, wet November day doesn't exactly get the pulse racing, but the potential of progressing, getting into the hat with the "big boys" come Round Three, is still creates a feeling quite unlike any other competition.

COYR - we are due a little cup run and a nice plum tie in round three.

I think by our own standards getting to the third round of the league cup counts as our little cup run :(

Completely ruined by the never ending obsession to finish in the top 4 nowadays. Yes, top 4. The game I first fell in love with was one that didn't consider finishing 4th an achievement. Unfortunately the financial rewards just aren't there in the FA cup and top clubs don't prioritise until the later rounds.

It certainly doesn't help things that the semi final is always played at wembley. Complete joke and it just totally de-values the competition. That said I still do and always will love the FA cup.

I agree with that.

I thought it was a one off for Arsenal v Tottenham one year. Don't know why it became the rule.

Old Trafford, Emirates, Villa Park, Cardiff - all could hold semis.

it's not that there are a lack of alternative options. It's because the FA need to recoup the massive costs of Wembley. Therefore it will not change and that is a real pitty.

I would actually dislike to go to Wembley, win, only for the prize to be having to repeat the whole day out again in 2 weeks time.

it's not that there are a lack of alternative options. It's because the FA need to recoup the massive costs of Wembley. Therefore it will not change and that is a real pitty.

I would actually dislike to go to Wembley, win, only for the prize to be having to repeat the whole day out again in 2 weeks time.

When it comes to the FA and the FL the answer is always "It's money, innit?" :(

Archived