IGNORED

Swindon Refund Fans

Cap flinger

Swindon have refunded fans the cost of their tickets after the poor cup display at Macclesfield.

Nice gesture and all that but only cost the club/players just over 5k, more PR than anything else I guess.

Can you even imagine the tossers that are in our boardroom doing anything like that?

Jesus, you're barely allowed to wave a naffing flag without going to a meeting to renegotiate rules that were already agreed to some time ago.

If this were an industrial plant we'd already be out on strike

In fairness didn't the club via DMc pay for the tires of fans who got them slashed at an away game last season?

Via DMc being important.

In any case, that was to do with unsavoury hosting... Not the players serving up a bag o' shi@e

Crikey oh riley, 1-5 at Blackpool, 0-6 at Ipswich, 0-4 at Bournemouth, 0-4 at Colchester + the countless, hapless 0-2's at places like Chesterfield, Wycombe and Gillingham. . . . I could do with that money back right now.

PR stunt for sure from Swindle but I'm all for PR stunts of that variety.

I agree with a post above, cost is irrelevant and PR in football is so easy to get right and so easy to get wrong.

My fave fail is Robbie Keane claiming to be a 'boyhood fan' of every team he plays for - fans are not that thick!!

But it's equally easy to get it right - clapping fans at away games from close proximity, not from the half way line. Always apologise for poor performances. Say you 'can't believe a club of our stature and potential has signed me.'

And the best I can remember, as i've said on here before, was when our dear old ex Chairman Des Williams made pots of tea for the City fans queuing through the night for play off tickets against Walsall in the dim and distant past.

It was a fine gesture by Swindon to refund their fans and I wouldn't be surprised if Mark Cooper was behind it, a chip off the old block.

Crikey oh riley, 1-5 at Blackpool, 0-6 at Ipswich, 0-4 at Bournemouth, 0-4 at Colchester + the countless, hapless 0-2's at places like Chesterfield, Wycombe and Gillingham. . . . I could do with that money back right now.

PR stunt for sure from Swindle but I'm all for PR stunts of that variety.

What about the end of Tinman at Swansea? I want my money back!!!

Can you even imagine the tossers that are in our boardroom doing anything like that?

Jesus, you're barely allowed to wave a naffing flag without going to a meeting to renegotiate rules that were already agreed to some time ago.

If this were an industrial plant we'd already be out on strike

If we sell JET then it'll be " Everyone out "

Archived