IGNORED

Username Problems

Haven't been able to log in for weeks and admin haven't replied to any e-mails (thanks!).

Turns out that after 10 years, my username had gone from 054123 to 54123. I hadn't changed it and just wondered if there had been any issues recently or had my account been hacked or something?

As you can imagine, it's been very frustrating without a suitable outlet through which i could spew forth my pointelss views and conjecture onto the masses.

Very odd.

All very strange, my username to log in has been changed and still needs to be '54123' not '054123'.

I've only got mod access but according to your display name history there has never been any changes, ie always 054123 as far as I can tell.

I can't view content through the profile settings either, even my own. I guess it was switched off when the forum was running sluggishly recently.

I've only got mod access but according to your display name history there has never been any changes, ie always 054123 as far as I can tell.

I can't view content through the profile settings either, even my own. I guess it was switched off when the forum was running sluggishly recently.

Yes, apparently the negativity was clogging up the bandwidth, so the fancy facilities were switched off.

Why is it then when I changed my username from torrecityfan to estoniatallinnred a few years ago when I moved from Spain to Estonia, that I still have to sign in with torrecityfan. Yet On the home page my log in details show estoniatallinnred??????????????????????????

It seems a display name and log in name are different? It's so long since I registered and I haven't ever changed my name I can't remember. But I've looked and a person can change a display name and it says changing a display name won't affect your log in details.

Hopefully one of the clever Admins will come along and make some sense soon, until then ignore me I'm a very un-techie mod!

Login names and display names are different.  We had to do some maintenance a few weeks ago where we converted the entire database charset as its termed. It's obvious there is a glitch in the system where it lost the 0 on the login name somehow.

We can rectify it now for you.

Ref search/my content. This is an on going problem which I'll fix when I get a chance.

Login names and display names are different.  We had to do some maintenance a few weeks ago where we converted the entire database charset as its termed. It's obvious there is a glitch in the system where it lost the 0 on the login name somehow.

We can rectify it now for you.

Ref search/my content. This is an on going problem which I'll fix when I get a chance.

Tom, I thought you'd been abducted by aliens, its been so long since I saw you post

Archived