IGNORED

Otib Prediction League

ciderbeans

I could swear that a couple of seasons ago, someone on here set up a weekly prediction league based around our league results. Point were awarded for correct results and scores and there was a weekly table updated.

I thought maybe it was something we could start up again to keep minds off any doom and gloom and would give us some further talking points.

I was wondering who set that up before and were they able to do it again? I would have no clue how to go about setting it up.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

• Admin

The fanzine has the brooker prize . u mean that?

No there used to be a prediction section within this OTIB site.

Speaking from experience of looking after the one we used to have on the Ziderheads site it was a nightmare and a lot of effort to keep up to date

As a past winner of the OTIB prediction league myself I thought it was great, but a heck of a lot of work went into it by the person who ran it for quite a few years. In the end I think he rightly got fed up of people moaning, asking for it to be updated almost instantly and petty bickering and jealousy. It hasn't been done for a few years now, not sure if it could be started mid-season now anyway. Maybe next season if someone has the time and wants to put the effort in of collating it all and arranging prizes etc, a thankless task.

No reason why a predict the scores etc couldn't be done on a game to game basis with no prizes just for fun though.

As a past winner of the OTIB prediction league myself I thought it was great, but a heck of a lot of work went into it by the person who ran it for quite a few years. In the end I think he rightly got fed up of people moaning, asking for it to be updated almost instantly and petty bickering and jealousy. It hasn't been done for a few years now, not sure if it could be started mid-season now anyway. Maybe next season if someone has the time and wants to put the effort in of collating it all and arranging prizes etc, a thankless task.

No reason why a predict the scores etc couldn't be done on a game to game basis with no prizes just for fun though.

On here, surely not ?

Archived