IGNORED

Stadium Rebrand?

fishy

some fans will be in up roar if we did this, Me I couldn't care less as it will always be the gate to me,

I remember that video that was on Russell Howards good news with the newcastle fans reaction about the sports direct arena and how he was so angry until he was told that the income would be used to sign players and seem to be fine with ti then,

To be fair I can see a lot of clubs outside the prem doing this as its another source of income and all helps to balance the books,

The Natch Arena for us and Dyson arena for the gas because it always sucks to be a gashead :)

Yeah I was thinking Thatchers so could say I'm going down the Thatch.  As far as I'm concerned it will always be called Ashton Gate whatever it was rebranded as.  As long as there is extra money in the pot.  It's not like we would have to change the colour of the kit or have foreign flags in the ground or change the name of the team.  But I can't imagine a team that would stoop that low anyway. :whistle:

Personally I hate sponsorship of any kind, and I would never ever refer to City's ground as anything but 'Ashton Gate'. Capitalism & corporatism is inexorably killing the planet, let alone football. It is a beast that would not stop until sponsorship is universal. One day new born babies will be sponsored and have to wear a logo on their nappies.

No amount of exorbitant bribes, and 'needed extra revenue' can justify the passive acquiescence to this corporate monster. Resist resist resist!

some fans will be in up roar if we did this, Me I couldn't care less as it will always be the gate to me,

I remember that video that was on Russell Howards good news with the newcastle fans reaction about the sports direct arena and how he was so angry until he was told that the income would be used to sign players and seem to be fine with ti then,

To be fair I can see a lot of clubs outside the prem doing this as its another source of income and all helps to balance the books,

The Natch Arena for us and Dyson arena for the gas because it always sucks to be a gashead :)

now if we had a ladies stand, we could have the natch and snatch arena

Oh god, I hate naming rights grounds! Being a football fan for me is all about pride, individuality and heritage. Ashton Gate has always been the name of our home, I have pride in it, it is individual and it is our heritage. Start eroding these aspects of football for me and I start to fall out of love. 

Obviously see the money argument but I can't but a price on our soul. Most agreed on those principles when the topic of the Malaysia dragons came up...

It always have and always will be "Down the City ground.

I wouldn't take the slightest bit of notice of any sponsorship name of the stadium, it will always be Ashton Gate to me or ironically as a lot family and friends I know, they also call it the City groun, I always have called it 'The City Ground' as well

I've always called it the 'City Ground' as well, or 'The Gate', as in 'down the city ground' or 'down the gate'....

Personally I hate sponsorship of any kind, and I would never ever refer to City's ground as anything but 'Ashton Gate'. Capitalism & corporatism is inexorably killing the planet, let alone football. It is a beast that would not stop until sponsorship is universal. One day new born babies will be sponsored and have to wear a logo on their nappies.

No amount of exorbitant bribes, and 'needed extra revenue' can justify the passive acquiescence to this corporate monster. Resist resist resist!

Completely agree but if all other clubs in the league do get stadium sponsorship were put at a distinct disadvantage financially. We would have to evolve or become extinct!

Doesn't really matter. The Oval has been the Fosters Oval, the Brit Oval, and for all I know, the Ovaltine Oval. For cricket fans, it'll always be just The Oval.

Like glastonred, I hate this sponsorship rowlocks, but most real sports fans ignore the ridiculous stadium names.

Whats the difference in stadium sponsership and stand sponcership? does anyone have a problem with the "Carling" Atyeo Stand and the Blackthorn Wedlock Stand?

I know fans feeling recently about naming rights of a stadium but why is it ok for stand sponsership but not stadium?

Just intrested really as personly I couldn't give a flying ham sarnie

Whats the difference in stadium sponsership and stand sponcership? does anyone have a problem with the "Carling" Atyeo Stand and the Blackthorn Wedlock Stand?

I know fans feeling recently about naming rights of a stadium but why is it ok for stand sponsership but not stadium?

Just intrested really as personly I couldn't give a flying ham sarnie

Because it cheapens things, I'm not sure John Atyeo would have been proud to have his name displayed alongside a commercial sponsor let alone such a tacky product, similarly with Billy Wedlock.

does anyone have a problem with the "Carling" Atyeo Stand and the Blackthorn Wedlock Stand?

Yes, I do. Certain things should be sacrosanct. Putting the name of our most recently capped England player and our record appearance maker and goal scorer alongside the name of a mass produced lager is plain wrong, especially as it happened after the great man's death.

Blackpool arguably won the prize for the most ridiculous name with the Pricebusters Stanley Matthews Stand a few years ago.

Be very, very mindful of the slippery slope:

Step 1: rename the stadium.

Step 2: rename the team (look at Hull City becoming Hull City Tigers and supposedly now just Hull Tigers).

Step 3: change the colour of the team's kit (see Cardiff).

Yeah names don't matter. Let's flog the name bristol city and call ourselves Tesco every little helps FC

King - you've branded yourself as a carrot.  Why not do a deal with Tesco and re-brand yourself "King Tesco Carrot"?

Archived